I didn't catch whether or not it was Prestige >_< but it has an Edge III :O rosewood fretboard I like...

EDIT:
It just looks like the budget model of the PGM Prestige, with a trem.

Now, if they made a PGM301 clone with one of the new trems and a rosewood fretboard, that'd be hot.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
I wonder if it's cheaper than the PGM301. If it is, I hope it comes with a maple board. If it does, I'll be all over it like a dog on ass.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I wonder if it's cheaper than the PGM301. If it is, I hope it comes with a maple board. If it does, I'll be all over it like a dog on ass.

It's listed as rosewood fretboard on there, and it will no doubt be cheaper than the 301, since it is apparently not a Prestige model... and it has an Edge 3.
Quote by Habit Zero
It's listed as rosewood fretboard on there, and it will no doubt be cheaper than the 301, since it is apparently not a Prestige model... and it has an Edge 3.

I'm still going to hope for maple as an option. I'll pray every day!
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Uhg, Ibanez needs to stop throwing ****ty Edge III's on signatures. First the sweet Totman Iceman, now this ****.
So they're basically bringing the PGM30 back with a crappy trem like it originally had? (the 2003 PGM30 had an Edge Pro, as far as I remember, while the 2002 ones had the Lo-TRS, which is as wonky as the Edge III)

edit: Also, the 2003 noes supposedly had Prestige necks.
Quote by AngelOfHatred
No tone knob?

That makes me a sad panda.

No PGM knowledge? That makes me a miserably depressed koala.
Quote by Pikka Bird
No PGM knowledge? That makes me a miserably depressed koala.

I know nothing about PGMs, are any Ibanezs for that matter.
Trem PGMs traditionally had low-end trems (with notable but minor exceptions). PG isn't much of a whammy user, so his high end sigs don't have one, and his low end sigs are a cash-in on cheap hardware.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by pifty
Trem PGMs traditionally had low-end trems (with notable but minor exceptions). PG isn't much of a whammy user, so his high end sigs don't have one, and his low end sigs are a cash-in on cheap hardware.

The PGM300 had a Lo-Pro, and the 2003 PGM30 had an Edge Pro. Not totally low-end. Nut the PGM3s has always been low-end, so I don't know what the point of this thread is. "Hooray! A new sub-par signature!"
Notable, but minor exceptions. Although I'm convinced the '03 30 was some kind of a fluke.

Weren't his first sigs basically gayed up RG700s? Not like a common mortal would easily get a hand on any of the good trem PGMs. Even the LoTRS 30s are in a short supply these days.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by TJM2482
Uhg, Ibanez needs to stop throwing ****ty Edge III's on signatures. First the sweet Totman Iceman, now this ****.

QFT. I shed a tear when I saw Sam Totman's signature with a freakin Edge III. I think that trem should be reserved for low model RG's ONLY.
Chain:
Fingers -> Schecter Damien FR -> Fulltone OCD -> ABY Box -> Bugera V22 / Peavey 6505+
Ibanez needs to cut edge III production all together. They make some of the best trems to ever hit the market but get so highly criticized for putting that cheap **** on their low end models. There are other alternatives to making high end models besides different trems, like the 5 piece necks, sig models, exotic woods, inlays, neck-thrus, and good electronics.

They really need to cut the cheap trems out all together.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
Last edited by IBANEZ_EDGE at Feb 5, 2008,
Quote by Nolly
Ibanez needs to put fixed bridges on ALL of their guitars.

Yeah no professional guitar players I can think of use those trems
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
Quote by pifty
Notable, but minor exceptions. Although I'm convinced the '03 30 was some kind of a fluke.

Weren't his first sigs basically gayed up RG700s? Not like a common mortal would easily get a hand on any of the good trem PGMs. Even the LoTRS 30s are in a short supply these days.

Well, the PGM100 occasionally makes an appearance on Ebay.

The 300 is a bit more common and the 30 isn't that hard to find either.

Paul's own favourite PGM is actually a 300, but he had the trem removed, thus turning it into a 301.

Granted, they are very similar to the RG700's, in fact, Paul used to love the stock RG's (check out his "Dino" RG for instance).

Also, just for good measure, there is a PGM3 as well, which is the PG equivallent of the JEM333 (yes, I said 333).

Quote by IBANEZ_EDGE
Ibanez needs to cut edge III production all together. They make some of the best trems to ever hit the market but get so highly criticized for putting that cheap **** on their low end models. There are other alternatives to making high end models besides different trems, like the 5 piece necks, sig models, exotic woods, inlays, neck-thrus, and good electronics.

They really need to cut the cheap trems out all together.

Well, this is one of the hazzards of being on UG.

Since the Edge III has a bad reputation here, it's easy to assume it has a bad reputation everywhere.

This isn't really the case, though; many people don't know anything about the Edge III and can't give a damn either. On top of that, Ibanez is selling these trems by the bucketload, so why should they replace them for something more expensive?

By joining or even looking at this forum, you're already a massive step ahead research wise than the absolute majority of potential buyers.

For those of you who aren't familiar with the above mentioned guitars:

Dino RG:

PGM100:

his:

regular:

PGM300:

PGM 30 (and 300 again):

PGM 3:

You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Feb 5, 2008,
Quote by the.spine.surfs
Can someone say Jem Jr., PGM-style?

That's exactly the point of these guitars.

The PGM30 is essentially the same concept as the JEM555.

The PGM3 and the JEM333 were both released to compete with the cheap fakes comming from China and are only found on the Asian market.

I'm not too bothered about the Tremolo, but I would definitely buy the rosewood PGM
Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
Quote by Supernaut2k
nooooooooooooo PGM what have they done to you

These have been around for ages....

Quote by johnny_tapia
I'm not too bothered about the Tremolo, but I would definitely buy the rosewood PGM

You might as well go for a second hand Prestige one.

The 300 and 301 are the only PGMs with a maple board, so you should be able to find one with a rosewood board online.

There's also a PGM with an ebony board, being the 90th anniversary, but that's going to be hard to find.
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Feb 5, 2008,
Quote by Bonsaischaap

The 300 and 301 are the only PGMs with a maple board, so you should be able to find one with a rosewood board online.

The only ones I have been able to find are the Maple ones though
Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
Weird. This trem PGM was up for a few days on the Ibanez european site a while ago and then disappeared, along some other JEM.

And I was disappointed aswell when I found out about the Edge III on the Sam Totman model. It would have a been a really nice iceman. Not all is bad though, seeing as Ibanez also put out these 24-fretted, one sided tuning pegs (I don't mind reverse headstocks, my Ibanez has a reverse headstock).