Poll: How many times do you and your Band jam a week?
Poll Options
View poll results: How many times do you and your Band jam a week?
Once
30 51%
Twice
16 27%
Three Times
5 8%
Four Times
3 5%
Five Times
1 2%
Six Times+
4 7%
Voters: 59.
Once, every Wednesday for 2 hours straight, concentraded practice without disturbance.

We all have school / jobs and wednesday is the only day where everyone has some time to spare.
Member #8 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
Friday for 4 hours and saturday for 5,most of the time.
Were living in a world of fools,breaking us down,when they all should let us be.
Quote by MXBoy11
There should be an "I wish I had a band" option. "

Amen, no drummer here
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
we try for mondays n fridays n it usually lasts from 3:30 to 8 or 9
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
My problem is that everyone that i know likes metal or doesnt actually want to gig, ust wants to get together and jam sometimes. Not really committed i guess.
Hello
Mon: cover band, 2 hrs
Wed: acoustic unplugged band, 2 hrs
Thu: original project, 2hrs
Sat: open jam with guys from different bands, usually blues/jazz/fusion type stuff, 3hrs

... general practicing, on average. More or less depending on gigs (which are usually on thu, fri or sat nights)
- Fender, Taylor, Martin, Ibanez, Ramirez, Marshall, Boss, Morley, Mesa/Boogie, Univox, Shure, Monster, Dunlop, Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio, Lace, Sperzel, DW, Tama, Zildjian, and a little Johnnie Walker
Last edited by dgonz at Feb 4, 2008,
We go on Sunday from like 1 to 7 but with an hour break in between.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Jobs can really screw bands up, just a question to everyone in bands. How do you guys normally start off? Warm up songs, or do you guys go through some kind of practice exercises, thanks.
usually three times... we enjoy jamming so much it doesn't feel like work, it's just an enjoyable time for everyone.
5 times...a year.

I can't really call that my band because my drummer's no longer interested in playing drums,my bassist wants to study for his exams.More like friends jamming together.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
My band has gotten to practice for at least a month now. Our bassist's broken arm just recently healed, and we've all been busy with school, exams and whatnot. And the girlfriend's been keeping me slightly busy lately. Hopefully we'll get time to practice soon. I do get to jam with friends and other bands a lot, though. At least 3 times a week.
Right now its only on Fridays at 4:30 till 7pm, but were trying to get together Sunday evenings to.
Clashing work hour suck for a band!
1982 Fender Bullet
2003 Epiphone SG
My band always used to practice on Sundays from noon to anywhere between 1:30 and 3 depending on how well we were meshing and if we had any shows coming up or if we were writing new material. Wednesday practice was always a bit shorter, usually from like 6 to 7:30 or 8 because some of us had school and homework to worry about.
Chain:
Fingers -> Schecter Damien FR -> Fulltone OCD -> ABY Box -> Bugera V22 / Peavey 6505+
4-5 times a week, just too fun to not jam lol
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
Quote by DSchmitty
Jobs can really screw bands up, just a question to everyone in bands. How do you guys normally start off? Warm up songs, or do you guys go through some kind of practice exercises, thanks.

we go "dude I wrote this new song. ill play it and you make up your part!"
We always used to just dick around for 10-20 minutes while we waited for the last guy to get there. During that time, we would warm and tune up usually followed by a particular song that started slow and ended fast. By then we were warm enough to play whatever.

As far as writing our parts, it usually started as lyrics from our lead singer/rhythm guitarist. He and the lead guitarist would get buzzed/drunk and start jamming acoustic at one of their houses. After one or two of those they would bring it to the band and add some distortion to it (where appropriate, but most of our songs were overdriven in part or in whole). They would run through it a few times while I found a bass line, when the three of us would jam it for a little bit while the drummer found a good beat. After the original rhythm guitarist left and the lead singer took over and while we still had the original drummer, we really clicked as a band... I remember when we wrote one of our best songs. The lyrics were written on a Friday night, Saturday the rhythm and lead players got their parts worked out, Sunday we wrote the rest of the music and got a solid melody for the lyrics and backups, practiced it Wednesday, and performed it Thursday . Those were the days...
Chain:
Fingers -> Schecter Damien FR -> Fulltone OCD -> ABY Box -> Bugera V22 / Peavey 6505+
one band tuesday - from like 7-1
another band thursday - from 7-1

writing with the other guitar player - any available free time
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
For me its Thursday after school from 3.30 till 4.30
Quote by Rankles
You have to be thirteen to use this website.

Quote by Stentroll
That's because, secretly, everyone here except the mods are 11 years old.

Quote by nosushi4you
Yeah, the mods are actually 10

Just kidding, please don't ban me
Quote by mozwire
For me its Thursday after school from 3.30 till 4.30

Same here :P
^^^^True words of wisdom spoken from a genius

Gear:
Stagg Flying V
Roland Microcube
Some **** acoustic
And some random Fender straP. With a P, not T
Quote by Zhuey
Same here :P

duh... you are in my band
Quote by Rankles
You have to be thirteen to use this website.

Quote by Stentroll
That's because, secretly, everyone here except the mods are 11 years old.

Quote by nosushi4you
Yeah, the mods are actually 10

Just kidding, please don't ban me
we jam when everyones sober, sort of
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball