ok so i just got back from guitarcenter and came home wit a ibanez rg 120 and i was wonderin if u had any suggestions for some new pickups
I'll be completely honesst with you - that guitar is agathis, not sure how great any pickups are going to sound in it, not to mention that it isn't usually worth it to spend $100+ on new pickups for a $200 guitar.

What amp do you have, and what styles do you play?
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
i don't see why you would get a new guitar and want to change the pu's in it. if you were not happy with the sound of the guitar when you got it, why did you get it? why not just save up and get a guitar that your happy with?
Quote by GuitarFreak1387
i don't see why you would get a new guitar and want to change the pu's in it. if you were not happy with the sound of the guitar when you got it, why did you get it? why not just save up and get a guitar that your happy with?

Because in general stock pu's are crap (especially in cheaper-midrange guitars) and switching them allows you to shape your tone more in the direction you want it. For example, if the guitar feels amazing in your hands and the neck is perfect for you, but the pickups are cheap and muddy sounding, its an easy fix.
a guy told me that the tremolo bar was called the "distortionator"
you are talking about ibanez though man. you will find a bunch of guitars from them that will feel great. what i was getting at was you should have saved up your money for something better.
Despite that it's agathis, in order to really answer your question, it would depend on what kind of sound you want.

I looked up the RG 120 and it seems that people complain about the pickup's overall performance. There are particular issues with sustain and tonal quality.

From that, I'd say just about any upgrade would be a good one.
To fix sustain and any clarity problems, try looking into DiMarzio Evos or something with similar properties.

Personally, for tone, I'd slip in some Seymour Duncans. (SH-4 JBs would be my preference)

Both those are only two of many other well known pickups.
Try Musicians Friend.com for a list of pickups you could do research on:
Musician's Friend

You'll have to use good judgment as to figuring out which pickups will give you what you want. Do research on the characteristics of Agathis and compare them to the typical sound of any particular pickup to see if you've got a good match. If you visiit Manufacturer sites, you should be able to get a hold of sound clips for their models.

I hope that this helped.
Quote by dakota1492
ok so i just got back from guitarcenter and came home wit a ibanez rg 120 and i was wonderin if u had any suggestions for some new pickups

i had a rg 120 before and the bridge is complete crap.

better get the thing set up or youre not going to be able to play without the thing going out of tune after playing one song