Putting the words "Duncan" and "Distortion" in the search bar is just asking for trouble.

I've got a Schecter C1XXX and Gryphon both with their original stock Duncan Designed pickups.

Thinking of putting THESE PICKUPS into the C1XXX, and THESE PICKUPS into the Gryphon.

C1XXX generally stays standard E, while I have the Gryphon down to Drop D, dropped another step.

For more details on my rig, just check my profile.

Good choices? Opinions? Anything else I should look at SD or otherwise?

I'm trying to alleviate a bad case of GAS and my tax return. So it's either pickups and possibly a Peavey Windsor Studio, or a Fender MIM of some sort...
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
I'm thinking the change on the C1 would be too subtle too notice. If you want to do drop-D brutals with the gryphon why not just go EMG?

Also, what are you trying to change on your tone?

Lastly, if you get a strat I'd suggest trying to get something with tex-mex pickups. My jimmie vaughan has them and they are amazing. They totally sold me into buying the guitar.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I actually already have EMGs. They're on my C-1 Hellraiser which I tend to bounce back and forth between Drop D and Standard. I like 'em, don't get me wrong.

I guess I'm wondering if any tone improvement would be worth it for the C1XXX which I'm starting to use for "general" purposes (which is why it stays in standard). The Gryphon, I put on heavier strings and leave it dropped low, and am wondering if the Distortion pickups would really give it even more crunch and boom, taking advantage of how I have it setup.

The only reason I'm even thinking of the strat is because I've been listening to a lot of blues lately, and although two of my guitars can be coil tapped/split/whatever, it just isn't the same as single coils (which I used to have in a Malibu, but regrettably sold).
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Maybe Blackouts, Livewires, or JB/59 combo.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
I you like and have EMGs I see no reason to switch, not to mention if it's you "general" guitar they seem to be a good choice. For the gryphon I would think active emgs would give you the boom you need, but maybe someone else can comment better on the pickups you chose for it.

For the strat. Yeah, strats totally own for the blues, though depending on your amp, you may have a tough time getting a good tone. I wholeheartedly stand behind my Jimmie Vaughan strat and I think it's well worth the 600 hundred dollars if you're willing to spend it. In terms of feel and sound I think it easily beats out American standards and has a slight edge on any american deluxe that doesn't have texas specials. It's a great all around guitar and amazing for the blues.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
If I am not mistaken the duncan designed pickups in the gryphon are the equivalent of the SD SH-6's so you probably won't see much benefit. I just put the Hot Rod Set in my Gryphon and it sounds great.