Alright, I've been using this digital 8-track recorder for my band's instrumental album. I bought it used from a local music store for cheap (around 300) and at first I used it for it's effects but I began to understand how it worked and this is first solo recording. Since the other guys don't know much about recording it's been up to me to control the Boss and we've recording nearly 40 minutes of material without problems up until now.
I finished recording my rhythm guitar track down for our longest song (almost 10 min) and that part is complete. We did a few takes on the leads and bass, but we ended up scratching those. The problem now is whenever we try to record something new on a seperate track it isn't storing the material. I've checked all possible problems and can't figure out what is wrong. We've tried several instruments, cords, and tracks, but it isn't making sense. There is also still over half an hour of possible recording time, so that isn't the problem either.
If anyone knows what's up, or some advice on what to try I'd be grateful. I don't want to lose a track so much effort being spent on.
I'm not sure what they went for new but I seen a few go for $200 used...
anyways...theres got to be a setting you are not using correctly, could you have used up all the tracks already and so it wont let you overdub?

I don't use MTRs and have never heard of the BR-8 until last month when I was looking up some MTRs but all I can suggest is that you try getting a download of the manual online.
Quote by moody07747
I'm not sure what they went for new but I seen a few go for $200 used...
anyways...theres got to be a setting you are not using correctly, could you have used up all the tracks already and so it wont let you overdub?

I don't use MTRs and have never heard of the BR-8 until last month when I was looking up some MTRs but all I can suggest is that you try getting a download of the manual online.

I have a manual for it already that came with it.. and I'm quite familiar with it. I've only used one track so that can't be it. I'm just going to continue to check all the settings to make sure anything can be causing the problem