Hey guys..

Ive set my mind on a DSL100 after deciding between it and a jcm900 4100, jcm900 sl-x and jtm45.

Problem im having is really deciding on a cab. I've been keen on a 1960AX for some time now, but I get all this riffraff about 'its a 100w head with a 100w cab so you're just going to blow it when you turn it up', while others have called bull**** on that.

I want to avoid the ol' 1960A/B cabs, in my opinion they sound retarded.. but thats only me.

Anyone got any insight into V30s or any other cabs you could suggest? (Not just marshall, im open to anything)

Thanks
Orange Cabs are pretty nice, as are Mesa's, and I like my Randall.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Any info on their speakers types and how they'd sound with a DSL?

I've heard the V30s are the best match, but still unsure. The 1960AX has 25w greenbacks. I think Mesa would be too expensive for me, the cabs cost a fortune
The Orange 4x12 has V30s
The R412CXM by Randall has Celestion Vintage 80's
The Mesa Recto 4x12 also has V30's.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Hmm ok I'll check out the orange.

the marshall 1960AV has V30s, would it basically be the same as the orange/mesa?
No, different types of wood could be used in the cabinet and varying build quality. With all of those companies though I would not worry so much about the quality, even Marshall.

Out of the ones I listed I prefer the Orange for blues, modern rock, funk, classic rock. And the Randall for those things, though not as well + metal, hard rock.
Quote by doggy_hat
I have a Mesa 4x12 with V30s and I love it!
Jackson DK2M

Mesa Single Rectifier Half Stack

Boss GT-8

Line 6 Uber Metal

Dunlop 535Q Crybaby

Peavey Rage 158
Quote by sensfan99
I have a Mesa 4x12 with V30s and I love it!

Would I be safe enough looking for a used one? And I assume mesa cabs have extra lowend (which would be pretty nice for me)?

The only used gear I've bought are pedals, had no problems so far.
Well I'd rather buy new on this kind of purchase so its covered under warranty.

And the condition you receive it in all depends on who sells it to you.
Quote by doggy_hat
Yeah that's true.

Thanks guys I'll look into all those brands. I've found brand new standard mesa V30 cabs for $2,000 AU im gonna have to do some bargaining haha.
Bump; If there are any aussies here who know where I could find good-priced Mesa cabs, hit me up. I'm having a hard time finding anyone.
Quote by ausmud
Would I be safe enough looking for a used one? And I assume mesa cabs have extra lowend (which would be pretty nice for me)?

The only used gear I've bought are pedals, had no problems so far.

You shouldn't have any problems if you try out the cab first. I bought my 4x12 cab used and it is in perfect working condition, no problems whatsoever.

EDIT - and yes, Mesa cabs do have a nice low end.
Jackson DK2M

Mesa Single Rectifier Half Stack

Boss GT-8

Line 6 Uber Metal

Dunlop 535Q Crybaby

Peavey Rage 158