#1
Ok I live in Chattanooga Tennessee and there are alot of redneck hicks down here.Iwas born here.Im not racist or anything like that.But my question is to all the people up north or out west if you first met me and I said I was from Tennessee would you think I was a racist hick?Oh and by the way no im not bashin the south I love it here.Just curios its been plauging my mind a while.Thanks.
John 5Dimebag DarrelJimi HendrixSlash Foo Fighters


#2
I would assume nothing. Just because you're from a certain place doesn't mean you act a certain way.
However, if you cursed black people for no reason and spoke poor English with a thick accent, yes, I would believe so.
#3
Quote by synpet713192
I would assume nothing. Just because you're from a certain place doesn't mean you act a certain way.
However, if you cursed black people for no reason and spoke poor English with a thick accent, yes, I would believe so.

Exactly.
#5
Quote by slash457
Ok I live in Chattanooga Tennessee and there are alot of redneck hicks down here.Iwas born here.Im not racist or anything like that.But my question is to all the people up north or out west if you first met me and I said I was from Tennessee would you think I was a racist hick?Oh and by the way no im not bashin the south I love it here.Just curios its been plauging my mind a while.Thanks.


good to hear it. Id like to keep it that way
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
#6
Unfortunately, if you had a thick southern accent, I'd believe so. (for a first impression anyways.)

Everyone around here who has one, is. But I really shouldn't judge.

#7
nah, my best friend lives in tenassee and he knows a lot of cool poeple from down there
Quote by wonderflap
You had to put a penis option.......

The results are now nulled due to this being the pit.... The home of penis watch wearers.


Quote by TheChaz
Rust in peace invented food
he sure is one legit dude
don't let it get to your head

ಠ_ಠ
#8
Quote by XxRustInPeacexX
nah, my best friend lives in tenassee and he knows a lot of cool poeple from down there


Same here.
Quote by kidsthesedays
i often have urges to throw things at walls. and kick toddlers. i'm pretty sure that without the moral/legal/ethical ramifications, kicking a toddler like a football would be the most entertaining thing in the world.


#9
if i met you and talked to you for a few minutes, i could draw conclusions based on our conversation.

/thread
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
#10
Probably, but that's just because I'm a long-haired, hybrid-driving liberal Seattlite elitist.

Now, if you were from Georgia, then that'd be a different story...
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
#12
A good friend of mine was from Murfreesboro, he isn't bad at all, neither are all of his friends that I have talked to. His dad went to the deep south of Tennessee just to see if it was legit of what people were saying, and he stopped by a car dealership and asked a guy what he thought of the truck he was lookin at and he said back (in thick southern accent) "My daddy always was a Ford man...".
To me it can be possible, but not to judge people off of the first looks of them.
#14
sup captain,

+1
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
#15
Dude, I live in a very agricultural town. I know a hick when I see one. I would only call someone a hick if they only wore carhaarts, chewed 24/7, was completely racist, and still wears the confederate flag.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.


I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
#16
it depends on how u acted, if we just talked and stuff, id assume that you were just born in the south, big deal, just like im born in the north, no biggie (and no im not rich just cuz im from CT)

i would however think u were a hick if u started bashin all them qwears (tryin to sound redneckish) and those homersexuals
#17
Lol I have a question, do people consider Floridians hicks?
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn


Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
#18
Quote by nt1440
it depends on how u acted, if we just talked and stuff, id assume that you were just born in the south, big deal, just like im born in the north, no biggie (and no im not rich just cuz im from CT)

i would however think u were a hick if u started bashin all them qwears (tryin to sound redneckish) and those homersexuals


i guess im a hick then =\
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
#20
i was just kiddin about "bashin", but I dont approve of it no.
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
#21
Personally, homosexuals creep me the **** out, but I still accept them and think the should have Every single right we have, even marriage. And Im not talking about the stereotypical homosexual, just the fact that people would have sex with the same gender.
#23
Quote by rebeltildeth87
i was just kiddin about "bashin", but I dont approve of it no.

Why not?
Because it isn't "right"?
Or is there another reason?

#24
nah i wouldent!
Quote by Gunpowder
This article just proves that we should never underestimate the deadly potential of baked goods.

Quote by Gunpowder
This, my friends, is the quintessence of average Pit-goer's thought process & logic.

UG MISSILE BASE !
UG's Hate Crew group
#25
yes
you redneck hick
Quote by H4t3BR33D3R
fourteen?
For Christ sake she probably couldn't get to the center of a Tootsie Pop let alone suck your **** properly. Just get someone your own age you tosser.
#26
If you have a Confederate flag on anything that you own, speak like you were slammed on the head a few times, say "potaters" instead of "potatoes," and/or still refer to the Civil War as "the War of Northern Aggression," then yes.
Life is underrated.


Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
#27
Quote by bowen
A good friend of mine was from Murfreesboro

hahahaha i live like 15 minutes away from Murfreesboro
#28
Im from seattle and i know a lot of hicks...prolly posers...but anyway...no, i would not think you were a hick just because you say ur from tenn. Oprahs from tennesee and she's not a hick...and i dont think she's a racist.lol...dont ask why i just had to add that in there.
#29
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Lol I have a question, do people consider Floridians hicks?


I LIVE in Florida...don't get me started on all the rednecks here.
Airship is liek teh best giitar playr evr!!111!1!

Quote by solidgay
Don't use distortion pedals. Just bury your guitar for three weeks, and then dig it up, that should do the job.


^Best Reply Ever!

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!
#30
Good god there are so many hicks/rednecks in Florida.I swear there are more rednecks in Florida than where I live in TN
#31
Quote by synpet713192
God, I HATE that one!

me too, usually starts right after i tell them about my yaht club, god, its like im the only one that owns a 150 foot + boat


its a joke, im not rich at all, i have holes in my walls lol
#32
Quote by that_1_dude24
Why not?
Because it isn't "right"?
Or is there another reason?



I get the feeling im walking into a bashing here, however I was asked my opinion so ill give it. It just doesnt settle right. I believe the good book when it comes to this matter. Im not going to go out and kill them, but the bible calls it an abomination.

EDIT: I dont know if u care to see it, but I have a verse for it.
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
Last edited by rebeltildeth87 at Feb 4, 2008,
#33
Quote by thoraxe
Good god there are so many hicks/rednecks in Florida.I swear there are more rednecks in Florida than where I live in TN


I know, it's ridiculous! When you think of Florida, the term "redneck" doesn't usually come to mind. I'm one of the few around here that doesn't aspire to be a farmer.

edit: Or a Mechanic.
Airship is liek teh best giitar playr evr!!111!1!

Quote by solidgay
Don't use distortion pedals. Just bury your guitar for three weeks, and then dig it up, that should do the job.


^Best Reply Ever!

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!
#34
Quote by slash457
Ok I live in Chattanooga Tennessee and there are alot of redneck hicks down here.Iwas born here.Im not racist or anything like that.But my question is to all the people up north or out west if you first met me and I said I was from Tennessee would you think I was a racist hick?Oh and by the way no im not bashin the south I love it here.Just curios its been plauging my mind a while.Thanks.


In my Opinion, thinking someones a racist because of where they come from and how they talk is just the same prejudice as being racist, because your stereotyping an entire group of people.

EDIT: and how people talk in the pit about "hating fat people", that seems just as wrong to me as being a racist.
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f