Hey,
Does anyone know the general approximate cost for building a distortion stompbox from runoffgroove? I went to another site, selling kits for like 60 bucks on up, but can I get the same parts cheaper if I were to order each part seperately? How much cheaper? Thanks!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
All right, thanks!
And is pedalpartsplus.com usually the go-to place for these kind of projects?
And are they really hard to do? I know I can always get help on UG, but i've done many pickup swaps and have modded a few pedals. Should I be able to tackle building a pedal from the ground up?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
PPP is good also check out Small Bear Electronics, Mouser Electronics, Effects Connection, and Futurlec. All good places. PPP is great for enclosures btw. If you've installed pups and modded pedals, you should be fine. Just take it slow and double check everything and it should fire up the first time. Good Luck.

EDIT: Smallbear's generally a little more expensive than places like Mouser, but their selection is good and their site layout is better than Mouser, which is hell to find parts at. Shipping can add up if you have to source from multiple places, but it's not that bad.
Please, call me Chase.

Quote by GeneralGrim
You live up to your name, sir. Well done.

Gear

Lefty MIM Strat
Traynor YCS50 :
Larrivee D-03R
Dunlop 95Q Wah
BYOC Fuzz
Fulltone OCD
Vintage Volume Pedal

I witnessed Night of the Pear 2
Last edited by floydian07 at Feb 4, 2008,
Yeah, they're pretty easy (especially with the perfboard layouts...saves me the trouble of figuring out my own layout). Most people here would say go to smallbearelec.com or something. No idea about their prices (don't forget shipping).