At a local guitar shop is a Schecter C-1 Elite for $350. I've played it a bit and I like it, but I don't play a lot of metal, more blues and some Distorted rock. How would this guitar hold up in these styles? Would it suit me ok or would you reccomend another guitar?
Quote by TheEak
At a local guitar shop is a Schecter C-1 Elite for $350. I've played it a bit and I like it, but I don't play a lot of metal, more blues and some Distorted rock. How would this guitar hold up in these styles? Would it suit me ok or would you recommend another guitar?

Schecters are awesome for almost any style. In fact, I'm pretty sure the Elite has the Seymour Duncan Jazz humbuckers in it.

Does it have a coil tap? If it does, for sure it wold suit you!

even if not, it should do the job.

EDIT: I'm actually looking at a Corsair myself.
It's fine, especially at that price. I don't think the C-1's are that great for shredding anyway, they're better for your styles of music.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Yea, Schecters are very versitile, especially that model. I think it would do really well.
Quote by Sid McCall
It's fine, especially at that price. I don't think the C-1's are that great for shredding anyway, they're better for your styles of music.

yea i tried out a c-1 hellraiser and besides the emg's i didnt think it felt like a shredding guitar to me
They're pretty good for most anything, I've got an S-1 Blackjack with Seymour Duncans, and I can get a good metal tone out of it with both p/u's on and when I flip the switch to neck pup only and turn the tone knob up to ten, you can get a great bluesy tone. Schecter's really are great guitars.
yea man they're great i play just basically all blues and some rock and country. i love mine to death. man they work well with really any style of music. even just straight clean.
No guitar is strictly for certain genres. Some guitars are just better suited for them.

The Schecter could for sure do what you need it for.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I just got a Schecter today. It isn't a high-end one, but it plays like a dream. It has a coil-tap, so it's extremely versatile(don't know if the elite has one).
Yeah, the Elite has a Coil-tap. Now I just hope its still there by the time I have money.
I just ordered 3 packs of Dean Markley DT strings(13-56) so I can keep it in D standard without being floppy at all.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
No guitar is strictly for certain genres. Some guitars are just better suited for them.

The Schecter could for sure do what you need it for.

+1
My Last.Fm

Gear:
1994 MIJ Fender Jaguar
Vox V847-A Wah
ProCo Rat
EHX Small Clone
Epiphone Valve Junior
Neck pup + tone knob almost at 0= Great bluesy tone, then dick around with the guitars volume knob and your amp for a nice distortion effect

Or bridge pup+tone knob up + dick around with amp for screaching rock effect.

I'm not a shredder and I love it. Next guitar is a Les Paul...eventually, but my MIM Strat and Blackjack Schecter hold their own.
if i were to buy a new guitar, or a newbie looking for my 1st guitar, Schecter would be the first brand I would go to.

I owned a C1, and an EA, both stolen outta my Jeep.......
I think you would be hard pressed to find a better deal out there......
Mine sounds just as good playing For the Love of God as it does Master of Puppets...
Plenty versatile.
Schecter C1 Classic
Martin DCX1E
BC Rich NJ Beast

B52 AT100
Line6 SpiderII 210
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

No kidding? ahah

I don't get where people get the idea that a guitar can only be used for a specific genre lmao, if you like it and it sounds good to you, buy it.
Schecters can do a a lot, especially ones with coil splitting. I can do blues, rock, or metal with mine no prob. Love the damn thing to death.
Quote by OtisB Driftwood
David Hassolhoff Is the god of death metal

Quote by Kantroce
What's that? I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

My gear
Schecter Tempest Custom
Peavey VK112
Fulltone OCD
Line 6 Verbzilla
Line 6 DL-4
Xotic Effects AC Boost
Rocktron Tri-Wah
Of all people, Robert Smith from The Cure (yes, the same one who brought you such br00talz shredding anthems as Friday I'm in Love, Just Like Heaven and Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me) has a signature guitar out with Schecter. Ergo Schecter do not equal dedicated shred machines.

Very nice, adaptable guitars and that underlines it quite nicely really.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
They do target the metal crowd and a lot of metal players do indeed player Schecters. You can play anything on them though just like you could with any guitar.

Not to mention they sound great and aren't to damaging on the wallet!