Page 1 of 4
Wooh I love those things.
I like the Amps in particular.
Anyone else love em?
and....

What's actually in them? What is Taurine, ginseng, guarana and a couple, of the other things in it?
Last edited by IronNecrosis at Feb 4, 2008,
You DO that they work by converting Ca from your blood into sugar, right?

Horrible for you. Especially the ones with guarana.
Quote by C O B H C
I could use a Full Throttle or a Rockstar right now..

Rockstars are pretty good. I'm gonna try a full throttle tommorrow.
My favorite flavor is Woman. It gives me so much testosterone, it's preposterous! It gives me preposterone!
Quote by synpet713192
You DO that they work by converting Ca from your blood into sugar, right?

Horrible for you. Especially the ones with guarana.

whats guarana? and they convert Ca? hows that work?
I Love Nos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by Gunpowder
This article just proves that we should never underestimate the deadly potential of baked goods.

Quote by Gunpowder
This, my friends, is the quintessence of average Pit-goer's thought process & logic.

UG MISSILE BASE !
UG's Hate Crew group
Powerthirst!!!!!!!
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
my favorite is the new jimi hendrix one, i think its called jimi hendrix liquid experience (clever)
bookoo is also crazy delicious
Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the cake this morning!

yeah, that's an inside joke. i made it different colors and sizes to be obnoxious...
They convert Ca into sugar? I'm assuming you mean calcium? How in the hell does that work? As far as I knew, that had nothing to do with the process. A lot of them having multiple B-Vitamin support, which last time I heard isn't so bad for you...
mmmk.
Quote by GeekUSA
My favorite flavor is Woman. It gives me so much testosterone, it's preposterous! It gives me preposterone!

haha
these aren't your dad's puns...they're TURBO PUNS
Quote by metabolicmaggot
Win. +1 cookie for hide the beer.

Quote by sithian476
They convert Ca into sugar? I'm assuming you mean calcium? How in the hell does that work? As far as I knew, that had nothing to do with the process. A lot of them having multiple B-Vitamin support, which last time I heard isn't so bad for you...

Yeah they don't have anymore caffeine than a cup of coffee. So I'm curious as to why people say they are so bad for you and then go drink 3 cups of coffee a day and say it's different. A lot of them have vitamins ect. but whats guarana?
theyre good but i only drink the natural(ish) ones cause they seriusly **** you up redbull has a stimulant that the army used for awhile in it. it messed up the soldeirs nervous system so they couldnt use it anymore. and now we drink it for fun......
Quote by Boone666
Do something off of The Bugs Bunny And Tweety show. Bugs bunny + metal = instant circle pit
Year Zero wrote: Metallica are releasing another album in 2009 as well, it will be called "Ride the Magnetic Rod" featuring Unforgiven IV.
dude energy drinks are BAD to ur body... i recommend not drinking them but thats just me... **** your body if u want...
Quote by cedaguol
dude energy drinks are BAD to ur body... i recommend not drinking them but thats just me... **** your body if u want...

Care to explain why they are bad?
Quote by IronNecrosis
Care to explain why they are bad?

cause the main thing they do is give you energy. energy that you body doesnt have naturally. its like drinking adrenaline, a little doesnt hurt, but if you drink alot of them your body is gonna start wearing down. along with the fact that theyre full of high fructose corn syrup which actually is as addictive as smoking and such
Quote by Boone666
Do something off of The Bugs Bunny And Tweety show. Bugs bunny + metal = instant circle pit
Year Zero wrote: Metallica are releasing another album in 2009 as well, it will be called "Ride the Magnetic Rod" featuring Unforgiven IV.
I bought the biggest Monster in my life a while ago. It was 710ml and looked like a damn milk jug I love those things though.
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Quote by METALMOOKE
I vote good old Sobe.

i found some in my fridge that expired in Dec 06... they made me feel poopy.
Quote by IronNecrosis
whats guarana? and they convert Ca? hows that work?

Guarana is a plant that has way too much caffeine.
And I don't know exactly HOW they convert Ca, but they do, and that's why the fine print tells you to limit the amount you have per day. They're bad for your bones.

But meh, I'll have a Monster once in awhile.
Quote by sithian476

I do mean calcium. I don't remember exactly how my doctor explained it (I got into this conversation at my last physical), but it apparently contributes to osteoporosis later in life.
The B-Vitamin support ones do work differently, but they are still not necessarily "better" for you. Too much of ANYTHING is a bad thing, and I'm pretty damn sure that 10,000% of the Daily Value for Vitamin B(whatever the number is) can't be so good in the long run.
Quote by megatallicavayn
cause the main thing they do is give you energy. energy that you body doesnt have naturally. its like drinking adrenaline, a little doesnt hurt, but if you drink alot of them your body is gonna start wearing down. along with the fact that theyre full of high fructose corn syrup which actually is as addictive as smoking and such

yeah but doesn't coffee do the exact same thing yet everyone doesn't say it's as bad for you. Coffee has MORE energy than a lot of the energy drinks.
Powerthirst, espescially in Godberry or Shockolate.

Gave that stuff to a baby, and I thought he was a Kenyan!
Quote by Avopeac

it was like, "so...you like poison?"

hippie: "no man, i'm a rejecter of the poisons of the world"

dad: "uhh, ok...how about whitesnake?"

hippie: "all creatures are equal in my eyes"
Quote by synpet713192
Guarana is a plant that has way too much caffeine.
And I don't know exactly HOW they convert Ca, but they do, and that's why the fine print tells you to limit the amount you have per day. They're bad for your bones.

But meh, I'll have a Monster once in awhile.

I do mean calcium. I don't remember exactly how my doctor explained it (I got into this conversation at my last physical), but it apparently contributes to osteoporosis later in life.
The B-Vitamin support ones do work differently, but they are still not necessarily "better" for you. Too much of ANYTHING is a bad thing, and I'm pretty damn sure that 10,000% of the Daily Value for Vitamin B(whatever the number is) can't be so good in the long run.

Thank you. Finally some one who doesn't just say they're bad for you and has absolutely no reason to back it up other than the caffeine. You sir get an e-cookie.
Hello, I am Ian Mundy. I am addicted to energy drinks.

lawl, seriously energy drinks are sweet as hell. amps are sweet but i like monster XXL..... i once had 2 in about half an hour. best day of my life.
i hate this new fad, ppl think its healthy for some reason, like drink this and work out!

its more like drink this and youll die!! very very soon
Quote by IronNecrosis
yeah but doesn't coffee do the exact same thing yet everyone doesn't say it's as bad for you. Coffee has MORE energy than a lot of the energy drinks.

However, coffee is less processed than these energy drinks, and does have its natural benefits. Though, I would only recommend having a cup of black coffee once in awhile, instead of 3 or 4 times a day (like my dad does).
Then again, I'm no doctor.

EDIT:
Quote by IronNecrosis
Thank you. Finally some one who doesn't just say they're bad for you and has absolutely no reason to back it up other than the caffeine. You sir get an e-cookie.

Quote by shreddin78
Powerthirst, espescially in Godberry or Shockolate.

Gave that stuff to a baby, and I thought he was a Kenyan!

its RAWberry... snaaaakeeee eeyeessss

Calcium can't be converted into sugar. Sugar contains hydrogen, carbon and oxygen. Calcium contains... wait for it... CALCIUM! It may do something to your bones, but it won't be converting them into sugar, or else our body would do it in times of fasting.
either way that craps not good for you, doctors warn about soda, this is like 10 times worse in almost every way

diabetes/ other health problems here i come!
Page 1 of 4