I just ordered a Palomino V8 tube amp. I have a Fender Classic 60's Strat and a Schecter C-1 Classic.

My question is do you think I will need any effects/pedals or will I be able to get by with this setup?

There is a gain control but no reverb on the amp.

Thanks

OB
Sorry about that. I play Grateful Dead, Pink floyd, Classic Rock and some 80's metal (Metallica, Maiden, Priest).

Thanks

OB
I'm no master when it comes to pedals, but i would think that Pink Floyd uses some pedals. Shop around.
Hello
Maybe a fuzz for Pink Floyd and classic rock.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Id get an OD and and a Holy Grail reverb. Maybe an EQ, and you should be set for awhile.
Quote by Musical frog
Get a Digitech RP-300 it has everything, you won't be disapointed.

Yes he will. If he gets a multi-effect he should get a gt-8. Alot better then an RP. Digitech's sound like broken toys IMO.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
definitely get an od pedal
that'll get some good tone for you
Guitars:
'13 MIM Fender Strat - '05 Epi G-400
Amps:
Fender HRD - VHT Special 6 Ultra -
Jet City JCA20H - Mesa Rectifier 2x12
Pedulz:
Slash Wah - OCD v1.7 - Red Llama MKII -
Big Muff Pi - Carbon Copy - Phase 90 - Ditto Looper
Some sort of an OD pedal. Either a fuzz, muff, tubescreamer whatever you prefer, choice is yours so look around. With the Big Muff its pretty much in your face but will get you close to Gilmours The Wall album solos like Comfortably Numb. For Shine On You Crazy Diamond look into getting a compression pedal like a Dyna Comp or Boss CS-3 for Pink Floyd cleans. If you can find a used Boss CS-2 online somewhere get it! I like the Dyna Comp better then CS-3 but thats me. Phasers are always fun, as is a flanger. For 80's metal I'd look into a Proco Rat or something similar. If you don't want to get individual pedals and save some money and get a crap load of effects, amp and cab models then look into the Line6 Pod XT for about $300
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst