I just bought one really cheap on ebay. I havent got it yet. Is it good for classic metal like Dokken, Judas Priest, and things like that?
this guy gives an opinion about something he doesn't even know about??

if you don't know whether or not it'll do what he said, DON'T shoot his idea down. not tryin to offend ya

i think the hot head is supposed to replicate marshall type crunch and gain. so it might do it, i'm not sure i haven't tried one in a couple years
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Quote by slash_rocks2005
this guy gives an opinion about something he doesn't even know about??

if you don't know whether or not it'll do what he said, DON'T shoot his idea down. not tryin to offend ya

i think the hot head is supposed to replicate marshall type crunch and gain. so it might do it, i'm not sure i haven't tried one in a couple years

Well my friend has one and he uses it on his SS to get a Marshall crunch sound or a grungy Nirvana sound. So it will probably be able to get some classic metal because the grunge sound is with only 2/3 of the gain up.
i own one but i havent used it in about 3 years, last time on my fender 15w practice amp, but i remember it gives a good distortion, im sure with some tweaking you will get the sounds you are looking for, it just wont do dark balls out metal
I just needed that revved up late 70's-early 80's hair metal/classic metal sound. I didnt need death metal or nu-metal. I got that in the amp already. I just wanted a marshall type of sound.
it should do fine, i dont remember that much about it, but you should be able to get the sounds you want