My friend owns a Gibson Flying V and wants to get a black pickguard for it. He can't find any modern flying pickguards, and isn't very confident in h is ability to cut one himmself, so we were wondering if a regular can of spray paint would work? If so, what kind of spray? I was thinking enamel since he would be cooloring plastic, but I thought I'd get the opinions of some experts first.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
get a pickguard cut if you can't find one., I know for a fact that their are places online that do custom pickguards. Spray painting it will make it look terrible, even if it looks decent to start, it will wear off. Its a nice guitar, so theirs no point on not spending a little bit more to get something of much better quality.
I think it'd work. Plus, it'd most likely get pick scratches on it, probably to the point where the white will begin to show, which I think would look incredibly BAMF.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Quote by Kartman
I think it'd work. Plus, it'd most likely get pick scratches on it, probably to the point where the white will begin to show, which I think would look incredibly BAMF.

! My thoughts exactly!

Keep the comments comin if ya got em people, so far it's 1 and 1 for the new/paint debate.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
I'd be against it, because your going to have to repaint it after a bit of use, due to how fragile paint really is. But it may be more your style if you like stuff looking beat up, with out it really being beat up lol.
They make spray paint specifically for plastic.

Scuff the pick guard lightly with sandpaper, spray on some primer for plastic, and then spray on some paint for plastic.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club