Trying to get a little structure in my life...a little harder than I thought it would be, especially those last two lines.

That night, from the back door, escaping all trust
In tune with the fables your father pleads.
The chain-length fence I climbed chalked my hands in rust
Collapsed within where all my senses feed.
I could have sworn you would have seen me first
The freshly mown grass, soaked by the rain
Yearning a smile that could capsize or burst
Expectations you've had will soon seem plain.
The tail of Capricorn and horns of Taurus
Sleep on my arm as stars fly across
I stroke your hair while crickets sing the chorus:
"Can't learn to throw not knowing how to toss"
Soon I will leave you until another day
Through the back door, escape the exact way.
I'll be honest: I don't like it.
I rarely enjoy sonnets, as they are most difficult to pull off.

So there's my take on the structure.

I did think some of the lines had a particular flow that could have been more appreciated if not for the limitations you set for yourself; they contained enjoyable and euphonious prosody.

-- Didn't like anything at all about this line: it came across as a feeble attempt to grab a larger context.

I think you could have built a better image with the whole Capricorn and Taurus if not limited by structure. Here I just found it insubstantial.

The third line would have had reasonable alliteration, but something seems off about the syllable count and the way it reads; it's kind of a mouthful, and doesn't flow with its surroundings.

That's all I can muster at this point sir-- I'm sure you can understand why..
マリ「しあわっせはーあるいってこないだーからあるいってゆっくんだねーん 
いっちにっちいっぽみーかでさんぽ
 さーんぽすすんでにっほさっがるー 
じーんせいはっわんつー!ぱんち・・・

"Success is as dangerous as failure. Hope is as hollow as fear." - from Tao Te Ching

tough format here man...certainly something I would like to see done more around here. I realize how it really limits you ideas and really a lot of times consolidates them which I enjoyed cause it sure was a challenge.
That night, from the back door, escaping all trust
Collapsed within where all my senses feed.
I could have sworn you would have seen me first
Expectations you've had will soon seem plain.
Sleep on my arm as stars fly across
I stroke your hair while crickets sing the chorus:

I'm all for the experimentation, I really am. But perhaps this was too large a step from your usual stuff.

I felt like each line was a single entity, rarely did they read into each other to build up a single image, so reading it felt like it was a list rather than creating a piece. I mean after a few reads the full image of the piece began to shine through and I did like the idea.

The rhymes were nice, they worked and they seemed natural enough, so that is a plus.

Were the lines to me that felt natural and unaffected by the restrictions you put on yourself. I wouldn't want to put you off doing this again I think you have to work on the way the sentences are built so they don't sound guided around how they should end, i.e. in rhyme. It's just practice.

Still a very nice attempt.

Filth, pure filth... That's what you are.
Really appreciate the input steve. You hit on a key thing here which is practice. I was surprised at how much this tests your ability, and I really enjoyed that. I don't know if this was as much experimenting as it was just trying to expand my skills, but I know what you mean.

I'm really glad that you took a look at it and I would love to read one of your sonnets if you have one.