does anyone know any drum technique? i looked in google but it's nothing on there please HELP!!!!!
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.
I'm not a drummer, I can't help much more.

Sorry.

Maybe take up lessons?
Quote by C O B H C

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

lmao

Quoted For Truth

So truthful, its been sigged
Quote by C O B H C

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
i'm sorry. i know you're a guitarist but there must be some drummers in here.

i'm a guitarist too BTW
I play both. I'm only 16 so I haven't had years upon years to build up my chops, but do you know the paradiddle? It's a sticking pattern, and it's fun to say. You use your hands in this pattern...(R = right, L = left). R-L-R-R-L-R-L-L. Do that on any combination of drums you desire, it sounds cool and you might find something you like.
Try freedrumlessons dot com...any pattern and technique that you need is there.
lulz what?
Quote by Pinballwizard93
you sir, Martinikiss7, should be president.

Jizz is where it is
thanx Ddrumx91 ,i have heard of paradiddle and i'm working on it.

and thanx 5/4, the website is pretty cool
Quote by juangar1992
does anyone know any drum technique? i looked in google but it's nothing on there please HELP!!!!!

not looking hard enough.

EDIT:
Quote by juangar1992
thanx Ddrumx91 ,i have heard of paradiddle and i'm working on it.

and thanx 5/4, the website is pretty cool

if your doing paradiddles dont forget your flams as well!
i have a poster of all the different rudiments in my room, i could get a pic and send it to you if you want. just comment or pm my profile, since i can't get it just this second.
isnt there some one-footed technique that sounds like a double bass?

idk i saw it on youtube
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
yea its when you control the pedal by first putting force on the front toes/ball of your foot and then recovering and snapping your heels. I can;t unfortunately do it

Nico from Iron Maiden is amazing at it.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
dont use that bull. just work on your rudiments and whatnot. look for a teacher to make sure you have good technique. always stretch before playing. crap like that
you mean like rudiments and such?
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
Finally, true communism will ensue.
I think
E-Married to the very beautiful Epic_Cleavage also soon to be married to Epic_Cleavage, aka the beautiful Ms. Joanna Moore
Quote by juangar1992

Well that depends on what type of technique you're referring to, although I must say that drumming is a very freeform type of instrumentation...it doesn't have the scientific structure most other instruments do, and this is one reason I like it.

But if you want some advice

There are of course techniques out there...but the best advice I've ever gotten and/or followed was that you should just develop yourself what works best for you...never rely on a science or structure to develop yourself as a drummer. Always do what works for you, and know there are no limits. I am completely self taught, and I've inadvertently mastered many 'techniques' over other drummers who have relied on technique and structure to achieve that knowledge.

Basically...go sit on your drums. Try everything that pops into your head. Experiment, get creative. Drummers are never limited by any rules, except to not sound like poop basically.

If you want, check out the Pearl Drummers Forum...it may be a more suitable environment for you to learn and educate yourself on drumming techniques and the overall world of drumming.

http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/

I'm known as 'Renalen' on there...don't be afraid to ask any questions...everyone on there is super friendly, and a good lot of them are multi-instrumentalists to boot.

Be yourself, and always make sure you're drumming from your heart first, and your mind second. Always be fearless, and always be creative. There are no rules, and if there are...break them, and you may be surprised. You could be the next 'revolutionary' drummer...you never know my man.

For instance...many people recommend or assume that someone who plays 16th notes on their bass drum at a higher tempo should rely on a double bass pedal.

Personally, I like double bass pedals...but pretty much only used for flams...and I can do flams without one. So until I really really need some 32nd notes played at 180bpm, I probably won't use my double bass pedal, simply because I like having my right foot do the work

Just as a P.S.

Any guitarists, drummers, or otherwise interested in some drum-related info..

I'm a complete gearhead, in and out of the world of drumming (i love guitar gear, and just gear in general, too), and I can give you the best advice I can provide on drumming and music in general if anyone's interested...not saying I'm a guru, but as a drummer, I might be able to give a different perspective
:]
Last edited by FrankTheDrummer at Feb 5, 2008,
go Frank
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
Finally, true communism will ensue.
I think
E-Married to the very beautiful Epic_Cleavage also soon to be married to Epic_Cleavage, aka the beautiful Ms. Joanna Moore
tagged
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab