Well basically I'm giving up using the OD channel on my Valvestate. Not only does the tone suck but after a while it hurts my ears and gives me a headache lol

Clean is nothing special but workable atleast. But I'm a metal head so I don't know many good clean songs. Any suggestions?

The clean parts to The Call of Ktulu are pretty awsome, anyone know anything similar?
Buy a tubescreamer to give your OD channel more saturation, and turn down the bass. =] I suggest bass 5 mids 4 and treble 7. Of course gain at 10 since it's kind of dry, and also try getting a tube pedal like the EHX Tube EQ and run it through the fx loop. As far as clean songs, one by metallica has a good clean/chorus'd lead.
I got some good guitars, yo.
you should try the intro to dirge for November by Opeth.

like 30% of all opeth material is clean melodies.

nvm if you don't like opeth... but they're great
I thought pedals didnt work well with solid states?

Also the the controls on my amp sucks, it's either 0 or 10, theres hardly a difference in between lol
Yeah. You could try playing blues. As in "The p.o.s. Valvestate blues" HaHAHAHA
Quote by Steel8909
I thought pedals didnt work well with solid states?

Also the the controls on my amp sucks, it's either 0 or 10, theres hardly a difference in between lol

That's fucking bullshit, they just sound different compared to a tube amp, and not neccessarily bad (depends on the amp).