i had band practice the other day and my bassist's battery ran out of juice... it was a BITCH! to find a nine volt battery but eventually we did and continued practicing

my electric guitar has had a messed up jack and i got it re-soldered but once it gets damaged there is no way 2 get it back to the way it originally was

so now my schecter C-1 plus, keeps on fading since the connection in my jack is dwindeling, so now i'm searching for a new guitar.

i was looking at the schecter C-1 hellraiser and i found out it needs a nine volt battery.

WHAT are your views about guitars that need a battery like this? is it a pain, or does it really not matter? i would think it would be a hassle, and difficult 2 know when 2 change it
my guitars
Esp LTD H500 with duncans
schecter C1+ (electric)
martin DX1 (acoustic)
johnson (crappy strat. knock off starter guitar)
its not the guitar, its the pickups, and if thats the tone ur looking for, its no hassle
i know its for the pickups, but just in general its in the guitar
my guitars
Esp LTD H500 with duncans
schecter C1+ (electric)
martin DX1 (acoustic)
johnson (crappy strat. knock off starter guitar)
Why anyone who owns a guitar that requires a battery would not keep a spare in the case, I can't imagine. Anyone who gigs with one changes it before every gig, and still has a spare handy just in case. A lot of guitars with active circuitry have a jack that automatically turns on the circuitry when plugged in, and therefore will run a battery down quickly if left plugged in. If you are diligent about unplugging when not playing, your battery should last a long time and the need for a battery due to active circuitry should not be a turn-off for a guitar that plays nicely or has good tone. Replacement 9V batteries over the years will cost you far less than the strings you will go through.
Various Strats
PRS SC245 (2007)
Fessenden SD-10 pedal steel
Koch Studiotone XL
Mesa Boogie Express 5:25+
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
Dude...sh!t happens. Don't worry about it. Aren't you glad that happened at band practise rather than at a gig?

Try having a friend that's got an old Vox bass from the 60's that needed something like 6 "C" cells to run the old active electronics in it. Now THAT's a bitch. 9v's aren't anything to worry about. I think active electronics sound great in a bass. Worth every 9volt you'll ever have to buy. He really should buy a couple and have spares in his case though.
82 Ibanez artist ar105
94 Fender MIJ 72 tele custom reissue
04 prs se soapbar singlecut
97 Simon & Patrick pro flame maple
05 Art & Lutherie cedar 12
Custom Strat

68 Fender Super Reverb
78 Traynor TS200
80's Roland Cube20
Last edited by Guitarminator at Feb 4, 2008,
It's really not difficult to buy a 9 volt battery and plug it in. As long as you don't leave your guitar plugged in when you're not playing it you won't need to change it often.
4 of my guitars require batteries. It's really not a problem. Like the other poster said "keep an extra in the case". I like the tones of my guitars so much it's very unlikely i'll buy a guitar without an active pickup (at least 1). It could happen, but I like the sound of electric guitars with piezo bridge pickups and that's usually what I look for. Batteries required.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD