My ultimate goal is to go to medical school someday. We choose classes this week and what i've come up with for my junior year is as follows:

Honors Algebra 2
Honors Spanish 5
English 4
Microbiology
Chemistry
Anatomy/Physiology
American History

of course the focus is on the science and math classes

what other science and math classes should i have if i want to pursue a medical career when i go to college?

My college of choice is the University of Nebraska at Lincoln, then University of Nebraska Medical Center
Quote by LSC300
My ultimate goal is to go to medical school someday. We choose classes this week and what i've come up with for my junior year is as follows:

Honors Algebra 2
Honors Spanish 5
English 4
Microbiology
Chemistry
Anatomy/Physiology
American History

of course the focus is on the science and math classes

what other science and math classes should i have if i want to pursue a medical career when i go to college?

My college of choice is the University of Nebraska at Lincoln, then University of Nebraska Medical Center

I wish I had Anatomy and Physiology at my High School... I am also going to Medical School.

I would suggest trying to get into a community college zoology 100 class, psychology 101, bio 101, and 101 w/ lab just to get it out of the way. Any more and you'll be overworked.
High as tits
i also heard i shoudl take psychology from my counselor..any real reason why?
It helps to take honors classes in High School for you can take the exams and get college credit, but the majority, if not all, of what medical schools look for is what you did in college. Any pre-med program requires alot of science, so best bet would be to take as many honors science classes and take the AP exams to get college credit. Other than that, once you start attending college, anything that happened prior to that is often over looked.
*sigh*

You're. In. HIGH SCHOOL. Quit worrying about ten years from now and enjoy today, goddamnit.

When you get to college take whatever they tell you you need for Med School. It's not that scary, really.
Quote by Ixthyx
*sigh*

You're. In. HIGH SCHOOL. Quit worrying about ten years from now and enjoy today, goddamnit.

When you get to college take whatever they tell you you need for Med School. It's not that scary, really.

um, i want a bright future and not have to cram a bunch of college classes for 4 years

i'd rather get the **** i need done outta the way first then worry about leisure

i have the work ethic of a fucking farmer i get **** done then play okay?
As someone already said, take as much honors and AP courses as possible, focused toward the sciences. If you do well on your AP exams you can get college credit and bypass some courses/pre-requisites. If you can get ahead do it. Medical schools won't really look at your performance in high school, however, what you are learning now will definitely help you in college. See: http://ascweb.unl.edu/students/advising/preHealth/premed.html

Medical school is a bit down the road (like roughly 6 years ), but it's good you're looking into the future and planning ahead. Right now your concern should be on doing well in high school and getting into college. A good work ethic will definitely help in college.

In regards to your schedule, it looks fine. Psychology is not in the "pre-med" curriculum (see link above), but it might be social science general education requirement, it's up to you. Psychology is an interesting subject and I find it easy (and won't hurt you if you don't take it in HS)--I'd advise you take whatever interests you.
Last edited by Negative Burn at Feb 4, 2008,