that album is so freak'n out there. i think i first heard in '78, when i was 8 years old and it still has me entranced. it sounds so multi-layered but at the same time EVERY part is distiguishable, and every time i listen there are subtle intracacies and accents i hear for the first time.

so here i sit and face that same old fireplace, get'n ready for that same old explosion going thru my mind...

and why the eff did he have to die?
Last edited by sethp at Feb 4, 2008,
he's genius.?.
Schecter Hellraiser C-7
Ibanez VBT700
Ibanez SZ320
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Crafter D8/N
Peavey Transtube Bandit 112
Peavey Grind Bass 5 BXP NTB
Dunlop Dimebag Crybaby
Quote by sethp
that album is so freak'n out there. i think i first heard in '78, when i was 8 years old and it still has me entranced. it sounds so multi-layered but at the same time EVERY part is distiguishable, and every time i listen there are subtle intracacies and accents i hear for the first time.

so here i sit and face that same old fireplace, get'n ready for that same old explosion going thru my mind...

and why the eff did he have to die?

everybody has to go one point or another. and he died cause of drugs. and his bandmates holding him down like he was having a seizure. so he choked on his vomit.
blemonese of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by camhussynec
Its like getting anal for the first time. It hurts like hell but eventully ull get used to it and itll feel fine

Thanks for nothing
purple haze...im not just being random...drugs may have had a lot to do with his inspiration. he was just a plain genius when it came to guitar though.
Quote by Peradactyl
alright, off topic but how do i make forum posts

Quote by The_Paranoia
a4lrocker is an offical thread legend.
Quote by matosh.lee
everybody has to go one point or another. and he died cause of drugs. and his bandmates holding him down like he was having a seizure. so he choked on his vomit.

actually, the Illuminati killed him remotely, thru advanced psionic techniques. because he knew about them and was going to quit music to dedicate his energies to expose them. military Omega Force abducted him when he was in the army and tried to induce total mind control. but they couldn't break his personality.
the "heavy drug use" thing was completely overblown. he had CIA operatives who were implanted around him. not only to try and influence him. but to spread disinformation. its repeatedly said that there were greedy, conniving people around him that did not have his best interests at heart. actually, there were multiple assassination attemps on his life.
the attempts at mind control and assassination are not-so-hidden in his lyrics. they're quite easy to decipher. so it really was a rhetorical question.
but that really wasn't my main question.
Last edited by sethp at Feb 4, 2008,
He composed it like anyone else

He heard the music and played the music

The key is being able to hear
Quote by sethp
actually, the Illuminati killed him remotely, thru advanced psionic techniques. because he knew about them and was going to quit music to dedicate his energies to expose them. military Omega Force abducted him when he was in the army and tried to induce total mind control. but they couldn't break his personality.
the "heavy drug use" thing was completely overblown. he had CIA operatives who were implanted around him. not only to try and influence him. but to spread disinformation. its repeatedly said that there were greedy, conniving people around him that did not have his best interests at heart. actually, there were multiple assassination attemps on his life.
the attempts at mind control and assassination are not-so-hidden in his lyrics. they're quite easy to decipher. so it really was a rhetorical question.
but that really wasn't my main question.

Wait, are you serious?
Gore AND Core; unite!
Quote by matosh.lee
... and his bandmates holding him down like he was having a seizure. so he choked on his vomit.

He died in bed with his girlfriend. Wiki
Quote by Daisy_Ramirez_
Wait, are you serious?

100% serious as a heart attack
Electric Ladyland is a great album. (I remember going out to buy an album and it came down to that or the Beatles White Album. I got Electric Ladyland and was
kind of disappointed when I got home. It was the first time I heard it. It wasn't
until much later I really took to it. LSD might have been involved )

Anyway, I'm not sure about the whole album, but I recall reading somewhere that
Voodoo Child was just an off-the-cuff recording he made really quick for the record
execs coming in for a listen.
Hendrix was an innovator... Nothing more - he was good for his time but now a lot of the guitarists we have today are far better than Hendrix ever was, or ever could hope to be!

Why do so many people obsess over him? Especially when you take into consideration that he was stupid enough to kill himself with drug-use...
Gear List:
B.C. Rich NT Jr. V (With Seymour Duncan AHB-1 Blackout in bridge)
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Marshall MG15DFX
Jazz III picks
DR strings
Planet Waves Cables
Quote by MetalMusicianAl
brightest flames fade away fastest

Im gonna put that in my sig
wat
Quote by LeperAffinity
Hendrix was an innovator... Nothing more - he was good for his time but now a lot of the guitarists we have today are far better than Hendrix ever was, or ever could hope to be!

Why do so many people obsess over him? Especially when you take into consideration that he was stupid enough to kill himself with drug-use...

im surprised it took this long for a dumb**** to appear
i need to hear some sounds that recognize the pain in me, yeah.
Quote by LeperAffinity

Go watch Woodstock. I think you'll change your mind. Theres only one person almost as good as him. Watch SRV play Little Wing at Rockapalast on YouTube.
wat
Quote by 12epi345
im surprised it took this long for a dumb**** to appear

I'm surprised at how short a time it took for someone to resort to petty-name-calling as a substitute for any real argument to contradict me.
Gear List:
B.C. Rich NT Jr. V (With Seymour Duncan AHB-1 Blackout in bridge)
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Marshall MG15DFX
Jazz III picks
DR strings
Planet Waves Cables
Well, he wrote a song called "Manic Depression" didn't he?

I think we might have at least a clue that might lead us in a more plausible direction than "he was jacked up on drugs" or "the Illuminati killed him..."

Plenty of people kill themselves in one way or another because of bipolar disease. His great music? Maybe he was in a manic phase. The suicide, or at least the extremes of drinking that night, might have had to do with the depression phase.

It's a hypothesis and nothing more, but at least worth pondering.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

i think that he probably was on the depressive side of bipolar disease and probably wanted to feel better and took too many drugs and his body reacted violently.

anyways, hendrix was a visionary and a unique individual. Electric Ladyland is a fantastic album, by far the experiences best. I personally like his later stuff a lot more, like Band of Gyspies. It's earthier and funkier, and he worries less about showman ship(lighting his guitar on fire, playing w/ his teeth, ect.) and he just stood there and played his music and put everything he had into it.
Quote by LeperAffinity

Half the guitarists you listen to are probably influenced by hendrix in some way, even though this backs up your statement of him being an innovator, he was insaneley talented, and this talent reflects in his music, both live and recorded. As a guy on this thread before said, listen to woodstock.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
his stuff at Filmore East w/ Band of Gypsies or anything live after gypsies is better than woodstock. Billy Cox, Jimi and Mitch played well at woodstock but all the other musicians were kind of excessive and did not fit and play very well.
he'd put a blotter underneath his bandana when he played live sometimes, how cool is that. I really think his ideas came from acid, or the majority of them.
nah not just acid. i know plenty of musicians who do acid(myself) and it does help creativity especially to jam on it, but there was a lot more to hendrix than drugs. or else every junky out there would be recordign break through albums.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
Well, he wrote a song called "Manic Depression" didn't he?

I think we might have at least a clue that might lead us in a more plausible direction than "he was jacked up on drugs" or "the Illuminati killed him..."

Plenty of people kill themselves in one way or another because of bipolar disease. His great music? Maybe he was in a manic phase. The suicide, or at least the extremes of drinking that night, might have had to do with the depression phase.

It's a hypothesis and nothing more, but at least worth pondering.

Theres a lot of mixed up information and it's hard to know what actually happened for sure, but Ive read in a couple different places that he had al ot of sleeping pills around but only took a small number of them. Obviously enough to make him sleep through the vomiting process and kill him, but if he had wanted suicide he probably would have taken most if not all of them...

Quote by farcry
he'd put a blotter underneath his bandana when he played live sometimes, how cool is that. I really think his ideas came from acid, or the majority of them.

Not that it really matters, but blotters didn't come around until the late 70's or 80's. He might have put a couple drops on the bandana itself though...