yeah, I don't know, I've just started to attempt to write prose, and I had this idea about a story of sorts made up of letters between two people. So far all I've written is this little editors note type thing to introduce the story, I can't honestly tell you where this story is going or if its going to go anywhere at all yet. I just wrote this quick little tidbit in around 45 minutes or so.

--------

Dear Mr.(or Mrs.) Reader,
The following text will you will be cramming into your moist, fragile mind is the correspondence of two men who we shall call Mr. Fredrick Donaldson and Mr. Richard Hartford. Fredrick is a young aspiring writer and artist, meanwhile Hartford is an unwillingly aging hipster, who is already an accomplished artist in his own right. And like most artists accomplished in their own right, he is more than likely starving in a New York flat right now. The following letters are not for the faint of heart, simple minded, or weak of legged. And reading any farther than this waives the editor of any and all responcibility for any emotional pain, mental anguish, or physical handicap that may occur in this painstakingly transcribed transcript.
-The Editor.

--------------------

Thats it for now I suppose.
Last edited by FreeManson15 at Feb 4, 2008,
Quote by stm
...the correspondence of two men who which we shall call... who which doesn't work. Haha for the disclaimer.

hahah yes, the curses of being much to lazy to proof read.
"the editor" thing is kind of like House of Leaves, if you've ever read it. the letters back and forth thing is kind of like Screwtape Letters. that's not a criticism, i was just pointing out a similarity. i think it's a great idea.

you've got a good idea going, but i think the disclaimer is kind of cheesy, the whole "not for the faint or..." blah blah. i think you should write the book before making a disclaimer. especially one so...expected. but yeah, don't quit. hope i see more of this from you.
Quote by Arthur Curry
"the editor" thing is kind of like House of Leaves, if you've ever read it. the letters back and forth thing is kind of like Screwtape Letters. that's not a criticism, i was just pointing out a similarity. i think it's a great idea.

you've got a good idea going, but i think the disclaimer is kind of cheesy, the whole "not for the faint or..." blah blah. i think you should write the book before making a disclaimer. especially one so...expected. but yeah, don't quit. hope i see more of this from you.

haha yeah, I should probably figure out a story before I start trying to establish a story.