Poll: Which is better?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which is better?
Line 6 Pod Xt Live
1 13%
Boss GT-8
7 88%
Voters: 8.
Which one do you think is better for using through my Valveking head and Mesa 4x12 cab and why? Thanks.
Jackson DK2M

Mesa Single Rectifier Half Stack

Boss GT-8

Line 6 Uber Metal

Dunlop 535Q Crybaby

Peavey Rage 158
well i have the line6 and it's amazing so far for direct recording, but it's extremely hard to get a great sound (you can play loud) through an amp. I use the effects loop and after tons of tone tweaking stil yields an awesome sound when it's quiet, but a BAD sound when it's even sort of loud.

i think the Gt-8 might suit your needs. i've just heard it's better though from lots of people. i kind of want to know, as well...
GEAR:

Jackson Dinky DX-10D Amber Sunburst (W/ EMG-81, EMG-85)
EHX Metal Muff
Line 6 PODxt Live
B-52 AT-212
Martin D12X1
Instead of getting either of those then should I just get a bunch of individual pedals for the same price?
Jackson DK2M

Boss GT-8

Line 6 Uber Metal

Dunlop 535Q Crybaby

Peavey Rage 158
Well the thing about the GT-8 is that it has a TON of Boss effects already in it, plus it's only one big pedal instead of a ton of separate ones, which gets confusing. if you got all of the pedals hat are basically on the GT-8 then it's come out a LOT more expensive... plus the GT-8 allows you to go through a bunch of presets fast instead of you stomping on all these pedals to get different gain sounds.... plus it's got some cool features like dual amp (you can have 2 amp models playing at the same time, different sounds altogether, played at the same time. check out the boss site for some more info, it's a killer feature.
GEAR:

Jackson Dinky DX-10D Amber Sunburst (W/ EMG-81, EMG-85)
EHX Metal Muff
Line 6 PODxt Live
B-52 AT-212
Martin D12X1
good point.
Jackson DK2M

Boss GT-8

Line 6 Uber Metal

Dunlop 535Q Crybaby

Peavey Rage 158
Both are good units but they take a ton of time to tweak to your liking.

I have heard one is better at cab/amp modeling and the other is better at the FX modeling but I forget which did what better.

The Boss has a ton of buttons and a steep learning curve but IMO its slightly better.

Either way you would probably be happy with either IMO.

edit:
you would spend more getting the same amount of pedals programed into one of these multi boards. Its always better to use and buy the pedals you will only use and need.
Also going cheap will really hurt your tone so I suggest buying a few pedals but in the higher price so that you spend the same amount as you were looking to spend on the Multi FX board.
Last edited by moody07747 at Feb 4, 2008,
pod xt vs boss gt8 i would say pod xt but the live is ****

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
The line 6 is a great recording devise but leaves a little to be desired for live applications. The boss is great for live, the only prblem is the navagation is a little hard especialy on stage so get the sound set at performance volumes before hand. There will soon be a new boss out called the GT-10 it will be much easer to work and will be the same price as the old GT-8 Check it out at http://www.bossus.com/gear/productdetails.php?ProductId=941&ParentId=46
Last edited by Styles Music at Feb 5, 2008,