It's in my profile. It's called Acoustic/Electric #1. It would be great if you could give me a critique on how you thought I did. I was a little out of time in some spots. But yeah, just tell me what you think I should work on and stuff.

C4C!
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Last edited by IMABBALLPLAYER at Feb 4, 2008,
Sounds very nice dude, captivating and original! It doesn't sound like blues, more like a rock ballad. Very nice, great job!
For some reason I really liked this. It's a good trippy piece. The lead guitar tone is quite haunting and I like the sparseness of your phrasing and note selection. Although the acoustic is essentially the same chord progression throughout, I think it carries the lead quite well.

I think you should keep this as is and use it as an outro to some kind of big, epic balled type thing. Maybe fade it out after a minute or so.

Actually, just had another thought. If you faded the acoustic up and down (not too much, just like gentle fluctuations in time with the music) it would create a really good moving effect which would make it even better.

Yeah, anyway, I think it's a good, simple idea that you've used here and it works really well.

EDIT: Damn, metalhead mentioned the ballad thing first.

Have a listen to my stuff?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=778600
Quote by fleaflicker182
For some reason I really liked this. It's a good trippy piece. The lead guitar tone is quite haunting and I like the sparseness of your phrasing and note selection. Although the acoustic is essentially the same chord progression throughout, I think it carries the lead quite well.

I think you should keep this as is and use it as an outro to some kind of big, epic balled type thing. Maybe fade it out after a minute or so.

Actually, just had another thought. If you faded the acoustic up and down (not too much, just like gentle fluctuations in time with the music) it would create a really good moving effect which would make it even better.

Yeah, anyway, I think it's a good, simple idea that you've used here and it works really well.

EDIT: Damn, metalhead mentioned the ballad thing first.

Have a listen to my stuff?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=778600
Thanks for those suggestions man. I'm definitely keeping this one, for later. It's amazing what you can do with Audacity. I'll be glad to check yours out.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
This was really good. It sounds like nothing else. It reminded me a little of an extremely slow Metallica song, but the more I think about it the more it's a sort of unique style that I haven't heard of before.

The very last notes on the ending sound out of place. If you had just sustained the last note it would've sounded better in my opinion. And in the beginning, I'd suggest leaving off the wah on the really long notes. It sounded a little strange, hearing the little quacks during a long haunting sustain. As the song progressed though, it became more of an integral part of the tone, so just experiment with slowly easing effects like that into a song.
My Gear
Ibanez RG7321
Ibanez RG520QS
'78 Ibanez Les Paul copy
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest
Fender Telecaster
Vantage Semihollow
Line6 AX2 212 combo modeling amplifier