I need a new nut for my Epi LP100. I have been looking around the net and any of the pre slotted ones come close to my measurements(they are all .020-.035 larger) but they are not exact. do i need do do that much fitting because that seems like alot. I do gunsmithing and none of the parts that i have fitted in firearms don'tneed to be reduced that much
one is the size of an egg, one the size of a peanut and the other is square and hangs down the middle.
Epiphone LP
Johnson Strat Copy(first guitar)
Epiphone Dr 150 Acoustic
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Digitech Jimi Hendrix Experiance pedal
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Digitech RP50
ElectroHarmonix Metal Muff
you have some small nuts lol
Quote by Oligarchy
SGRocker0791 and Raijin.xiii are ass holes in case anyone was wondering.

Quote by jimmyjimjim
try not to be such a dick

Quote by jdotp
thanks to the ignorant prick
Quote by killthenakedcat
one is the size of an egg, one the size of a peanut and the other is square and hangs down the middle.

Sigh...., seems like you have problems man.....

what measurement you need? I replaced the nut on my epi and i got an exact size
i have an LP as well but i don't know ur answer i just had to reply
Epiphone LP
Johnson Strat Copy(first guitar)
Epiphone Dr 150 Acoustic
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Digitech Jimi Hendrix Experiance pedal
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Digitech RP50
ElectroHarmonix Metal Muff
well, you can always sand it till you like it.

the only thing you have to look for is the E to E string spacing. everything else, if you get something that's alright fit, or maybe bigger, you can sand it smaller.

i recommend graphtech tusq nut.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
how did i know someone would turn this into a pit type thread
Quote by Peradactyl
alright, off topic but how do i make forum posts

Quote by The_Paranoia
a4lrocker is an offical thread legend.
Quote by ECistheBest
well, you can always sand it till you like it.

the only thing you have to look for is the E to E string spacing. everything else, if you get something that's alright fit, or maybe bigger, you can sand it smaller.

i recommend graphtech tusq nut.

+1

that graph tech nut i got on my allows me to bend like a dream
Quote by a4lrocker
how did i know someone would turn this into a pit type thread

because someone said the word NUTS, thus = pit talk
Quote by WickedBeast666
because someone said the word NUTS, thus = pit talk

yeah man you said "nut size" in the title..
Quote by Oligarchy
SGRocker0791 and Raijin.xiii are ass holes in case anyone was wondering.

Quote by jimmyjimjim
try not to be such a dick

Quote by jdotp
thanks to the ignorant prick
at first, I thought you had a personal question.
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Depends on what she's on top of. If she's on top of my pizza I'm gonna have to scissor kick a bitch.

MY BUILD!
Quote by ECistheBest
did u get tusq? or the trem nut?

I got trem just because of the matching color, but either case it was better then the shabby plastic one it came with stock.
tusq is going to be better for one that doesn't have a trem... but I was going for stock coloring lol.
the e to e i get from the old part is 1.370 and the tusq part they say fits the epi standard is 1.360. the thing is i have the lp100 not a standard but also the calipers i measured with are worn out from measuring hardened steel for 2 years so that part may work. i was hoping someone else had a lp100 that replaced their nut with a pre slotted one
http://cgi.ebay.com/PQ-6114-00-Tusq-Nut-Slotted-1-23-32_W0QQitemZ130172929084QQihZ003QQcategoryZ101976QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

that one's 1.374 between E to E but i don't know the demensions you need.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PQ-6060-00-Tusq-Nut-Slotted-1-4-Epiphone_W0QQitemZ130172929300QQihZ003QQcategoryZ101976QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

that's the one i'm guessing you keep finding... it's almost like the one i used, same dimensions cepted i used a trem not a turqs
thanks that one is really close i don't know why i didn't see that one on their site
I did put a new one on my LP100 but had to buy a blank as Im lefthanded. A piece of 220 grit sandpaper taped to a piece of wood will work to sand the ends down to fit right. Problem with epis is they are made in countries that have never heard of our moronic system using inches. And 1 11/16 doesnt convert well to metrics. So a nut made here tends to be a little different than whats on a foreign made guitar. And I know the graphite nut I put on mine was a little thinner than a factory so some bare wood will probably show after you put it on between the nut and truss rod cover.
Quote by Tackleberry
I did put a new one on my LP100 but had to buy a blank as Im lefthanded. A piece of 220 grit sandpaper taped to a piece of wood will work to sand the ends down to fit right. Problem with epis is they are made in countries that have never heard of our moronic system using inches. And 1 11/16 doesnt convert well to metrics. So a nut made here tends to be a little different than whats on a foreign made guitar. And I know the graphite nut I put on mine was a little thinner than a factory so some bare wood will probably show after you put it on between the nut and truss rod cover.

+1 I had that problem too, but alil black paint loaded into my airbrush and no problem. I forgot to say that though.