I'm in Australia, and want to spend less than $100 on a new guitar cab for my Valve Junior head. I play Jazz Fusion, but SOMETIMES play a bit of progressive rock / metal. The heaviest I get is Dream Theater.

Thanks!
I don't think there are any good ones unless you get a used one. Check ebay.

Wait a minute. Your an aussie, which means you get raped by prices. You almost are certain to not get a cab, let alone a good one, for that price. Sorry man, but save up a little.
Quote by BGSM
Damn.

Is is possible to use a generic stereo speaker?

In theory, if it can handle the wattage and has a freq. response wider than that of the amp, it would work.
You could always build a 2x12 and spend $200 on speakers... which is probably the cheapest route...
Quote by Tackleberry
Cheap and good are not to words that work well together.

False. AVATAR!!!
Quote by BGSM
I'm in Australia, and want to spend less than $100 on a new guitar cab for my Valve Junior head. I play Jazz Fusion, but SOMETIMES play a bit of progressive rock / metal. The heaviest I get is Dream Theater.

Thanks!

You are aware that the Valve Junior can't really get DT-level distortion without pedals? Also, what you play isn't as important as which kind of a tone you want when choosing a cab.

Also, yes, you do have to save up a little or do the cab yourself. It's possible you can find something used, so check it out.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
What I play = tone I want.

I haven't bought my head yet, so don't worry. I could easily buy a speaker cheaply. I'll check out the auction tomorrow aswell.