Page 1 of 3
So recently I got into Radiohead and Muse. I had always heard about these bands and how good they were and whatnot but I never really listened to them and now its kind of like one of those things where I can't believe that I didn't find them sooner. I'm sure everyone has a few bands like that so what are yours?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
I also just got into Muse as well as At The Drive IN. Im a big metalhead but Ive always considered myself open to new music and those two bands have done it for me lately.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
i just started listening to the mars volta and ive been listening to crystal method a lot lately
Quote by Heafyman
"IT'S SO SMALL I DON'T NEED THE APPLICATOR! IT FITS TO MY CONTOURS!!" "YES!! MY LABIA JUST GRABS IT LIKE A BIONIC CLAW AND TRACTOR BEAMS IT IN!!"

I didn't just discover him, I've been hearing all my life. but just yesterday started listening to Tom petty more. watching him play at the superbowl made me want to learn some of his music. so I learned free falling yesterday. My first song on guitar
Quote by bpoeoanry
go back to sleep
Waking up with boobs? Is there a visine for that.
I haven't discovered any bands as of lately that I like, but a band someone told me about 4 months ago (Jet Black) are pretty sweet.
Interesting. I recently got into Radiohead as well. I had a couple of their songs on my MP3 before, but I just started downloading their whole albums about a couple of weeks ago.
Dragonforce...

And not just because of guitar hero 3.. I actually like there other songs more... but through the fire and flames is an awesome song...
Cheers

Strum a chord
"I would rather be hated for something I am, then Loved for something I am Not" - Kurt Cobain

My Gear..
Black SEGOVIA Cut-away modle
.60mm Dunlope Picks
YES I KNOW THAT I HAVE VERY LIMITED GEAR..
Animal Collective, Steppenwolf, At the Drive in/Mars Volta , Jimi Hendrix (always been a fan, but never heard the song "bold as love" before)
I've gotten into Muse and I'm starting to like Protest The Hero. Their singer is kind of hard to get used to at first though.
D:
Signature.
I just got into Jazz. I have just made a brilliant discovery. There is this kind of under the radar guy named Miles Davis. He's pretty good. I think he might be a little more underground jazz though.
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Quote by Teufel
Five Finger Death Punch and Fueled By Fire.

yep Five Finger Death Punch is pretty sweet.
Quote by Peradactyl
alright, off topic but how do i make forum posts

Quote by The_Paranoia
a4lrocker is an offical thread legend.
Actually a bunch of Pop Punk like Screeching Weasel, Allister, Rufio between others. Also, I've always known about Led Zeppelin, but I've been hooked to them lately.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
a band called Asthmaboy, and As I Lay Dying.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Muse and Radiohead, coincidentally enough. Also a little bit of Tool now that I can appreciate it musically.
El Gearo:

Fender '69 Reissue Mustang
Fender American Standard P-Bass

Fender Blues Junior
I recently got turned onto The Coral a british indie group!! they are in my opinion an awesome band that i cant believe has not caught on here in the states!! I also agree with the Mars Volta!! they are pretty awesome....but i would recommend everyone to give The Coral a listen
WOW!! Pink FLoyd overrated?? Thats blasphemy i say!! pure unadulterated blasphemy!!!
Biggest Pink Floyd Fan of the Bass Militia
Member #11 of the Pink Floyd fan club
Member #24 of The Rage Against the Machine Fans Club
the 89 cubs, dan deacon, louis xiv, the sound of animals fighting
My live set-up:
72 Tele Custom
TC Electronics Polytune
MXR Dynacomp
deviever Shoe Gazer
Way Huge Red Llama Clone
Effector13 Soda Meiser
Vintage Proco Rat
DOD Buzzbox
Dwarfcraft Robot Devil
EA Tremolo
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Traynor YBA-2B
Quote by Strum a chord
Dragonforce...

And not just because of guitar hero 3.. I actually like there other songs more... but through the fire and flames is an awesome song...

Same, I heard about them through GH3, but I have most of their songs, not just Through the F and F
Quote by Strum a chord
Dragonforce...

+1.

Kinda wish I went to the concert last year, which was in a small club with <200 people? Would've been pretty good.
2002 Epiphone Goth G400 SG
B.C. Rich Warlock custom
1986 Washburn RR2 Flying V
1991 Peavey Falcon II Stratocaster
Iced earth and Hammerfall
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
I just started listening to Dream Theater...Ive never really been that big on metal but they're really awesome. I downloaded Train of Thought and Images and Words, I like Train of Thought better though.
My Gear:
MIM Fender Strat HSS

My Influences:
1) David Gilmour
2) SRV
3) Jimmy Page
4) Jimmi Hendrix
5) Slash
Gov't Mule, Wu-Tang, hmmm....and a bunch of reggae.
Quote by Ross724
3.14 pie or the delicious crusted treat we all know and love?

Quote by MightyAl
Therefore your argument is rubbish, as well as being full of profanity and anti-Semitic. Are you Mel gibson, by any chance?
I recently discovered Opeth, i really love how they compose and play they're songs. If only they wouldn't sing like that..,
BTBAM, DEP, and converge
R.I.P Samantha

My Gear
Esp Ltd M-400
Randall Rg75W Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Fender Stratocaster
Yamaha something Acoustic
Several other cheap guitars/basses/Amps
i actually really have been listening to a lot of the Blue Scholars, theyre a hip-hop duo out of Seattle, Washington
Quote by GoodCharloteSux
I also just got into Muse as well as At The Drive IN. Im a big metalhead but Ive always considered myself open to new music and those two bands have done it for me lately.

Yeah I got ATDI awhile ago after getting into TMV after seeing them at an RHCP show. Kinda funny how that works.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
children of bodom
If you say Randy Rhoads isn't amazing, I will hunt you down (Same for Marty Friedman)Founder of Rhoads/Friedman pm if you want in..
"guitarists have a thing, where their guitar is like an extension of their penis.." well said, ozzy
Quote by axelvong
real heads like the black keys.

Yeah Black Keys for me as well. Started listening to them a couple weeks ago. Good stuff.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Agalloch, Into Eternity, Ensiferum, Glass Casket, and Rites Of Spring

Yeah, I know. A lotta variation.

People have been talking a lot abou At the Drive In, so I'm gonna check them out tomorrow. I thought the songs on TMV's purevolume page were pretty good (I assume they have better ones, though, so I'm gonna look further into that), so ATDI, though different, must've been pretty good
Quote by axelvong
real heads like the black keys.

**** they're good. Thanks man.
D:
Signature.
coheed and cambria
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Quote by soul_power
So recently I got into Radiohead and Muse. I had always heard about these bands and how good they were and whatnot but I never really listened to them and now its kind of like one of those things where I can't believe that I didn't find them sooner. I'm sure everyone has a few bands like that so what are yours?

Radiohead for me as well.
Just picked up In Rainbows, and never really listened to any of their other stuff. I'm thoroughly fascinated.
Page 1 of 3