Well what is some of ur guys experiences with driving tests. I go for mine for the first time tomorrow at 8:30 and just wanna know experiences or what u thought especially people from NY and Long Island cuz that's where I live. I've been driving for a year and a half now but never took the test...I'm admittedly a little nervous tho so idk.
Epiphone LP
Johnson Strat Copy(first guitar)
Epiphone Dr 150 Acoustic
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Digitech Jimi Hendrix Experiance pedal
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Digitech RP50
ElectroHarmonix Metal Muff
Been driving for 3 months passed...easy

Fender Strat
Alexi Laiho ESP

Quote by Doolittle
one time i masturbated into a pumpkins. needless to say
PWNED

Follower of the UG Faith, PM me to join!
Just make sure when you get to the stop sign you do a FULL Stop. Don't just slow down and roll over the line, stop and count to like three and then go. That gets a lot of people, but the test was easy for me in NJ (assuming its the same pretty much in every state).
12 fret fury
the person in mine was....interesting..under the comments she wrote and i qoute "ver good driv'n" just like that...expect everything strange at the bmv

but it should be easy enough to pass...
kansas was a piece of cake...

but thats coming from a kid whose been driving the highways from the age of 8...
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
Well, I live in southern california, so the traffic should almost be the same and stuff.

The test is easy. Just do a complete stop, always take the right lane when making right turns, and just take it easy. Don't do anything that would scare your instructor or make him uneasy.

Its easy, you should be fine.
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!
I took my test with my driver's ed teacher, who was 100x more strict than anyone at any DMV, and passed with only one penalty. Just don't do anything fast or rash and you'll be fine.
TheBurningFish wrote:
I don't mean to generalise but I don't believe the average Coldplay fan is a massive musical theory nut.

FS/FT: Cort SP1 Stratocaster
Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO
well i am worried about the parallel park
Epiphone LP
Epiphone Dr 150 Acoustic
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Digitech RP50
It's really easy. I had to do a 3pt turn in a van lol. Also, at least here in Arizona, there is one spot on the course where there is a solid white line a good 5-7ft before the actual stop sign, but you must stop at the solid white line otherwise you fail. So...yeah...other than that like the above posters said, drive the speed limit, turn into the right lane, remember to signal before doing anything, and make sure you stop completely.

I never had to parallel park but it's pretty easy too. You should have at least practiced a few times by now :P Just watch your mirrors, take it slow, etc.
Breedlove Studio D25/SM Acoustic
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ EMGs
B-52 AT-212 Tube Amp
MXR 10 Band EQ
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
::Bumping this thread::

I have too take mine tommrow at 8:30 Am too, but I am in washington

Im kinda nervous, But The only things I am worried about are Paralell parking (which I can do Okay, but Im not great at) and having to back around a corner and hug the street side (Also Kinda worried about)

If I do bomb these two sections, do you think I will still pass?
Mine was bright and early at 8:30 too. The whole thing lasted no longer than 10 minutes. Just maker sure you drive a little under the speed limit. And sometimes your instructor can be a douche and fail you for seemingly no reason. Good luck, but you probably won't need it.
Quote by Ross724
3.14 pie or the delicious crusted treat we all know and love?

Quote by MightyAl
Therefore your argument is rubbish, as well as being full of profanity and anti-Semitic. Are you Mel gibson, by any chance?
Quote by Saje
Mine was bright and early at 8:30 too. The whole thing lasted no longer than 10 minutes. Just maker sure you drive a little under the speed limit. And sometimes your instructor can be a douche and fail you for seemingly no reason. Good luck, but you probably won't need it.

thanks.
Im going to drive a couple MPH below the limit, just to make sure.

haha..

I wish I wasn't nervous.. maybe it'll clear up for my drive tommrow.
Yeah I got there ar 7:45 so I had to sit in the car for 45 minutes which was torture...but as soon as I started to drive during the test all the nervousness went away.
Quote by Ross724
3.14 pie or the delicious crusted treat we all know and love?

Quote by MightyAl
Therefore your argument is rubbish, as well as being full of profanity and anti-Semitic. Are you Mel gibson, by any chance?
I got around the block and the guy told me to go back I passed haha. Seemed to me like he'd had a long ass day to that point and was eager to get home.

Been driving for a year and a half now.
when i went for mine i passed but the guy said i didnt look left when i went to drive off after my 3 point turn. i did that bastard was looking at his paper when i looked. so make sure they see you look
make sure you stop at the sidewalk before you stop at the edge of the street. i did it my entire test except when i was doing my three point turn, backing back out into the street. also, since school's in session, watch for school zones. you usually don't think about those bland white signs, but they'll get you. like i just took my test a week or two ago, and we went down a street with a school zone and turned at an intersection, and when we came back there was no flashing sign when i turned left back onto the street. right as i was about to reach 30 i realized we were on the same street as before, and i got it back down to 20.

just to give you an idea of the point system, you're allowed 80 points out of 100.
i forgot to clear my intersections when i had a green light, i didn't stop at a sidewalk when backing around a corner, and i backed slowly into a curb in reverse when we were parking on a 'hill' that was flat, instead of putting it in neutral and just turning my tires, and i got a 92. there's plenty of room for mistakes.

also, the parallel park isn't a big deal, as long as you just signal and use hand signals when leaving, it's alright if you do a crappy parking job. it's doing something illegal that'll fail you.
Yanks have it easy. Driving tests in Australia, or atleast W.A, go for like half an hour, and one stuff-up costs you your test.
Look out for giant monsters, and try to dodge the flying head of the Statue of Liberty.
Wow, ten minute driving lesson?

I've got mine on the 20th, 3:15pm too - school run.

You lay me down as I go to the store
Sorrow ate me, I'm not me anymore
Play these heavens one more time
I'm not yours and I'm not mine

When you hear music after it's over, it's gone in the air.
You can never capture it again.

I take mine on a couple days. I had my dad teach me how to drive I am fine at it now but I am nervous with exactly what I am suppost to do in the test. I here that its only ten minutes and they just take you around the block but that they are really strict on exactly what mirrors to look at and at what time. I am calm and a fairly safe driver but I am worried I will **** up the test with what mirrors I have to look at. Do you guys have any tips. I NEED TO PASS THIS.
"My strength is my determination" - Randy Rhoads (1956-1982)

Quote by LedZeppelin
Life is not an isolated moment, so don't live it as such.

Quote by bendystraw
art rock? isn't all rock art?
I'm gonna be getting lessons soon but spare a thought for Irish people.

It can take as long as 8 months wait here just to get a test. Instructors can be quite strict. Good advice guys!
Quote by jimtaka
i'd say your guitar is out of tune, or you are accidentally muting strings that you aren't trying to, or your right hand isn't strumming at the same time that your left hand is fretting, or you could be reading the tab upside down...
Look in the mirrors!! Aloot of people here in Sweden have been failed because they didnt look enough in the mirrors - escpecially the right one.

Drive safely. Dont drive too slow guys! (And dont too fast either ofcourse)

I did it on my first try, did alot of things. Talking to the "test man" while driving, and still being concentrated to the traffic, shows that you're good.

I saw a guy who was hitting the sidewalk curb and it came flashes from the side of the car just a few days ago. Guess it didnt go too well for him. Hahah.
Yahyah
In Australia giveway to trucks or fail TRUST ME!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Well, Im going in for mine in an hour or so! I feel good.

When you guys take yours in the future, good luck!

I'll come back with results.
Anyway, I've heard it's REALLY easy to get a driving liscense in the US. And that is no "oh usa is so stupid"-comment, that is just what I've heard alot of. My cusins used to live in us.

So, why is it so easy to take a driving liscense in us?
Yahyah
Passed first time with 3 minors.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

well I passed...perfect test nothing wrong and when she said "parallel park behind this black jeep" i was like "oh **** cuz i rarely practiced" I did it perfectly about 4 inches from the curb and that made the test.
Epiphone LP
Epiphone Dr 150 Acoustic
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Digitech RP50