I have this guitar software in my pc, and so, How do i connect my guitar to my pc and then use my amp as the speaker??...My current speaker sucks balls so i want to use my guitar amp instead of that one....Anyone??
I highly doubt your computer has a Line In/Out thats compatible with guitars, and I also doubt that your amp has a Line In allowing it to be used as its own speaker/cabinet. I dont think it can be done without buying a Guitar Port or something for your computer and using your computers speakers. =P
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
I've used a Line 6 toneport plugged into the input jack of my practice amp. You have to have a 1/8" to 1/4" adapter to make it fit, but it works. The tone kinda sucks, as can be expected, but you could fiddle with it enough to make it sorta work.
--Traxxus
yea i have this guitar software that makes me able to adjust my tone...i think it would fix the "tone problem" that you're saying....
That little ad didn't say anything about going to an amp.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by ProgDeath
I have this guitar software in my pc, and so, How do i connect my guitar to my pc and then use my amp as the speaker??...My current speaker sucks balls so i want to use my guitar amp instead of that one....Anyone??

this is not going to happen. You you an interface (M-Box, M-Audio makes a cheap one....Line 6 has their version), to plug your guitar into. That will then plug into a USB port usually. You then also need powered monitors to connect to your interface.
I used to use my Desktop speakers (Klipsch THX), until i ponied up for the powered monitors. This is like a home studio. I sometimes use this set up to practice at home....if I left my amp in my practice space.

THe other way to do it....is to use a modeling software, and then run the line out from your interface to a power amp, and then to guitar cab. I dont think it would be a good idea to try this with a combo. You would be using your CPU as your preamp....and I dont think that is a reliable way to live life.

yeah;...and umm....look at that Ebay link.....def. not a good idea to use a combo amp.....look at all the ways you can blow stuff up and catch your house on fire!
Last edited by richgray5 at Feb 4, 2008,
I see, that's too bad then....I'm broke right now so stompboxes and effects are out of my options....I was knda hopin' that that software could fix my ****ty ass tone....