I think it is an EX170 or an EX370 from 92' But I am not sure. Any info on whether I made a good choice is welcome. I got it for $180 w/ shipping included on ebay. Thanks
looks just like any other ibanez... INF humuckers, probalby a ZR trem, but looks like a licensed floyd to me. the finish looks nice tho. it looks kinda like a really really old RG
Overdrive of the Autobot Transformers G1 Club

Van Halen, October 16th, All-state arena, Section 213 Row A
If it plays well and sounds good, then you've made a good purchase.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
well it is still being shipped at the moment so I won't know how it sounds till Saturday probably.
It has XH1 XH2 AND XH3 PUPS and a Original Floyd Rose Lo-Trs temolo. 5 way switch. Guy says he just got it professionally set up.
Quote by icup grunts
well it is still being shipped at the moment so I won't know how it sounds till Saturday probably.
It has XH1 XH2 AND XH3 PUPS and a Original Floyd Rose Lo-Trs temolo. 5 way switch. Guy says he just got it professionally set up.

that right there already covered the 180 bucks you paid... nice buy
Quote by icup grunts

i hate to tell you but from the looks of it thats not an OFR.. thats a licensed
itd be easier to tell if there was a better picture
and if he lied about that who knows what else he lied about
it might just be me being paranoid since i got jipped on ebay once :

but overall its still a good buy, looks lke you got a pretty nice body and neck for 180
Overdrive of the Autobot Transformers G1 Club

Van Halen, October 16th, All-state arena, Section 213 Row A
Last edited by D0c7oR 8oB at Feb 4, 2008,
you should put some nice EMG's on that

RIG:
Ibanez GSA 60
Ibanez RG4EX1QM
Metal Muff
Jackson DKMGT
GK Backline 210
Vox VT50
Crate XT15R
Ibanez SR400QM
Ibanez GSR 200 bass
Crate B15 bass amp
Lots of Monster cords
It's an EX370. One of the Korean "pilot" guitars from Ibanez - it's essentially an RG, but they didn't want to experiment with putting the reputable RG brand on a low end non-Japanese guitar, so they called them EX. LoTRS, basswood body, some of the chubbiest Ibanez necks... These things are generally pretty low quality stuff. I wouldn't really pay $180 for it, but that's about what it's worth at best.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Well the tremolo isn't original floyd rose material. It is a licensed low profile one, probably works ok though.
I found the exact model name, EX370FMAV in this catalog.
Quote by D0c7oR 8oB
looks just like any other ibanez... INF humuckers, probalby a ZR trem, but looks like a licensed floyd to me. the finish looks nice tho. it looks kinda like a really really old RG

What? Are you smoking crack out your ass?
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
Quote by IBANEZ_EDGE
What? Are you smoking crack out your ass?

Quite. LoPro = what you paid for the whole damn thing.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
Quite. LoPro = what you paid for the whole damn thing.
Only what's LoPro got to do with it?
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
The guy said it was a standard, boring Ibanez with a ZR trem. IbanezEdge asked if he was smoking crack, and I aggreed, pointing to the value of the LoPro as evidence.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
The guy said it was a standard, boring Ibanez with a ZR trem. IbanezEdge asked if he was smoking crack, and I aggreed, pointing to the value of the LoPro as evidence.
But it doesn't have a LoPro.
Quote by pifty
But it doesn't have a LoPro.

It has a Lo Trs, quite possibly a rival to the crap that is the Edge III.
It equals a GIO
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
My friend has one and personally I hate it. The neck is fast but thats really the only good thing about that guitar. The trem is terrible at staying in tune, the stock pickups suck. If you can swap the pickups and deal with the bridge then it should be a decent guitar at least. This friend is also very high on himself and claims that because its discontinued its worth 1-2k which is of course BS.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by soul_power
The neck is fast but thats really the only good thing about that guitar. The trem is terrible at staying in tune, the stock pickups suck.
Yep, all of that is pretty much true. They sold fairly well, though, to a point where the EX series was scrapped and integrated into the RG lineup as the bottom end of the series. And yeah, they're the GIO of today.