http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2978068880146505107

Rock around Barack in support of Barack Obama.

Stone Gossard and members of PJ ( No Eddie )spearheaded the recording of a new rendition of an ... all » old-school tune ”Rock Around The Clock”, cleverly changing the lyrical content to ”Rock Around Barack”.

Here’s what Stone has to say about the recording:

”Hello everyone. This is a track I’ve been thinking about for a while. Rock Around The Clock was the first mainstream rock and roll hit in 1955 and it had a transforming effect on American music. At that time, rock and rhythm and blues music was traditionally only played on black radio. I am, by no means, an expert on the history of rock & roll, but this was a big deal. The rhythm of rock music and its energy were so overwhelming that traditional barriers of race and culture broke down with an enormous crash. So here’s to new energy, rock and the breaking down of cultural barriers: Barack Around The Clock!”

Drums - Matt Cameron Bass - Jeff Ament Rock and Roll Piano - Boom Gaspar Lead Guitar - Mike McCready Vocals and Rhythm Guitar - Stone Gossard Background Vocals - Barrett Jones

Recorded By Floyd Reitsma at Avast Classic Mixed by Barrett Jones at his place. Paid for by Stone

For full story go here: http://pearljam.com/news/?what=News

Do you guys like this cover? What about Barack? and Pearl Jam? (obviously i'm a fan)
Discuss.
Eddie Vedder not there? No? Who cares, then?

Really, Pearl Jam is just the Eddie Vedder Band.

EDIT: It's cool that they're supporting Obama, though.
I love it. An awesome song recorded for an awesome man, by a respectable band.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
I laughed at first, but its actually pretty cool, way to go!
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
Quote by Flying Couch
Eddie Vedder not there? No? Who cares, then?

Really, Pearl Jam is just the Eddie Vedder Band.

That is so incredibly untrue. That band is NOTHING without Gossard/Mccready and Ament. Matt Cameron can **** off tho. He sucks.

The video gives me an error msg.
Quote by freedoms_stain
That is so incredibly untrue. That band is NOTHING without Gossard/Mccready and Ament. Matt Cameron can **** off tho. He sucks.

The video gives me an error msg.

hmmm, what browser? its prob your comp