Ok, so i have a KH-202. its got a FR on it. for the past few months its worked fine. now for the past month its given nothing but trouble. it wont stay in tune....ive tried everything and it wont stay in tune. im about read yo throw it through a wall.

The screws are fine, the bridge is parallel with the body. the FR isnt going back into place very fsat at all it takes 4ever if it even does. idk why.

Any help?
I had the same problem with my old Hammett...

...eventually i just got a new damned guitar without a FR.
Gee-arr:

ESP LTD Viper 400
Line 6 Spider 75W
Digitech RP350
The knife edges are probably worn out, considering it's a cheap LFR. You could try blocking it for better tuning stability.

Edit: Are you saying after diving the trem, it takes a while to go parallel again?
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
Hmm, my first thought is the springs may be bad or too loose. It can happen. Try swapping your trem springs one by one and seeing it helps. Sometimes they can go bum and not work well. If thats not it, lube the knife points and posts. If it still doesn't work, take the trem off and inspect the knife edges. Its possible they have already worn out. This is of course assuming you've tried new strings.
Quote by lespaulrocks39
The knife edges are probably worn out, considering it's a cheap LFR. You could try blocking it for better tuning stability.

Edit: Are you saying after diving the trem, it takes a while to go parallel again?

Yes thats what happens.

Hmm, my first thought is the springs may be bad or too loose. It can happen. Try swapping your trem springs one by one and seeing it helps. Sometimes they can go bum and not work well. If thats not it, lube the knife points and posts. If it still doesn't work, take the trem off and inspect the knife edges. Its possible they have already worn out. This is of course assuming you've tried new strings.

Tried that. Its not the strings either.

I had the same problem with my old Hammett...

...eventually i just got a new damned guitar without a FR.

Im thinking of trading it in for a new one without a FR.
how many springs do you have on it at the moment? What tuning is your guitar set to? It's odd that it would take a while to make it back to the parallel position again since it's the string tension that should bring it back when pulling back on it and the spring thension that should bring it back when dive bombing. Another question is how high is your bridge set? Do the Top and Bottom edges sit roughly even or just above the surface of the body?

I really do think that it's a spring issue, but then again you said that you've tried replacing the springs?
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
The bridge is at like...how its been since i got it lol. but the thing is when i pull the FR back it dsnt go back were thats the strings pulling it not the springs in this case. it goes back fine when i push it down.
Hmm ok, let me ask you this. Do you have the locking nuts secured well where the neck meets the headstock?

Also, when you're pulling it back there is a chance that the back end of the bridge may rub against the body of the guitar within the cavity.. just something to check on, just incase the body wasn't routed properly for the bridge....

Man I really hope you can figure out what's going on with that because I hate the thought of you possibly having to dump an axe......
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
It dsnt touch the body that its not supposed to touch if thats what you meant. i think ima take it down to the guitar store i got it from and be all "WTF i payed 500 dollars for a guitar that will hardly stay in tune and alll that stuff"

The body is routed properly as far as i can tell. and the screws up top are fine i just replaced them a few days ago and didnt solve to problem.

i dont want to dump this axe either. its a really nice axe but idk if the FR is worth all the trouble its given me since i got it. Im seriously considering swapping it in for a guitar without a FR. the one im looking at (LTD V-200) has the same Pick Ups and everything. and its cheaper.
That's a bummer man, but yeah, FR's can be a huge pain in the a**. I have an Ibanez with one, and I dread changing strings, tuning it and intonating it.......it's a huge ordeal. Depending on your style and how you play it really might not be worth the hassle.
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Try new SPRINGS TS. Like I said, springs can wear out/go bum, and cause the Floyd to work too well.
RealDiel you were right the bridge dsnt return to its original postion when i push it down so it may be the springs. also the locking nut on the neck of my guitar wobbles around. i mean really moves and when i tried to tighten the screws it find that one of the screws is loose and i cant tighten it because the wood is stripped or sumtin. ive never touched those screws b4 and idk why its stripped. any tips on that?

Also thank you for all your feed back so far.
With the locking nuts, check to see if the screw itself is stripped, that would be the easiest fix. If it's not the screw, it's the the metal nut piece that is threaded to take the screws, and even that isn't too bad of a fix, you'll just need to take it to a shop and have them replace the entire locking nut system. The screws are threaded into that, and the wood should be fine.

BUT, I would like to add that that isn't necessarily something that you HAVE to fix right away. You can still use a guitar that has a floyd rose without using the locking nuts. The guitar will just drop out of tune a little more frequently, but not that big of a deal. I've got a friend that plays in a pretty big time band out here in LA, and he has an ESP with a floyd rose. He lost the nuts, but he still uses the guitar in his set for a song or two. Just go easy on the dive bombing and it'll be fine. Fix that when you have the money.

Springs are a really easy fix. Should be able to buy them at your guitar shop or order them online for around maybe 7 bucks for a set of 3.
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Ok thankyou very much RealDiel. im going to take my guitar down to the shop thursday. and i think im still under warenty
Sure man, anytime. Let us know how it turns out!
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator