thinking bout buying a new godin velocity

anyone play one and have any opinions they could share
Why a Velocity and not a simple Freeway? The HD revoicer won't really do you a whole lot of good unless you're recording and need that hi-fi-esque signal.

Other than that, it's a tight guitar. The all-blonde ones look especially beautiful in person, and it's made as well as any Godin (which is very well).
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Ok, this might be considered as a necrobumping, but come on, this is the only thread about this guitar in the whole forum, so w/e.

Anyway,
I just played this beauty in the music store and I fell in love with it, only problem I see is lack of 2 frets,
but I have some questions for long time users of Godin Velocity:
1. How's the trem?
2. Is H.D.R. really useful? I heard only slight difference between passive and active sound while I was playing.
My friend has that guitar (Or very similar.. same inlays, colour, pickup config, trem, and maple fretboard.). Everytime I touched the trem it went out of tune, sorry.
Its a great guitar though.
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr
Quote by KiraIBZ
My friend has that guitar (Or very similar.. same inlays, colour, pickup config, trem, and maple fretboard.). Everytime I touched the trem it went out of tune, sorry.
Its a great guitar though.

Maybe something wrong with his setup?
its a 700 euro guitar, can it really be that bad?
Its a vintage trem... I dont think it can really be that good o.O

Everything on his was stock. I did abuse it just a little though... soo... (Not as much as I would a floyd though... just a dive or 2 for fun)
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr
Last edited by KiraIBZ at Jun 8, 2009,
I played a Freeway and a Velocity today. Both were fine, neither wowed me. With some nice pickups I think it would sing though. A really solid mod platform.

What I'd do is find a deal on a velocity, get some nice pickups, and switch the trem for a wilkinson.
Quote by ljohn
I played a Freeway and a Velocity today. Both were fine, neither wowed me. With some nice pickups I think it would sing though. A really solid mod platform.

What I'd do is find a deal on a velocity, get some nice pickups, and switch the trem for a wilkinson.

I believe that velocity has pretty decent pickup setup, SD Sh-5 costum sounds like a deal to me and those stock single coils sounded ok to me as well.

Too bad trem is not so good, I start having doubts about this, but I would like to heard more opinions.