well someone told me to raise the action of my guitar because the strings damages and scratches the frets if i bend it ...... what will i do?
Depends on what type of bridge you have.

I wouldn't worry to much your strings damaging your frets either... that's what happens when you play guitar... strings touch frets...
Last edited by Post?Organic at Feb 5, 2008,
Don't raise your action, that will make it much harder to play. There is no way to play guitar and not damage the frets. Its just the wear and tear of playing. If you really want to raise the action (seems silly to me) you should change the bridge by unscrewing it a little. Make sure to get both screws. Don't mess with the truss rod though because you could irreversibly screw up your guitar.
but i think its too much ,some frets are now slowly diminishing ......and some are not......... someday my frets will be gone and disappear......
Quote by chichong
but i think its too much ,some frets are now slowly diminishing ......and some are not......... someday my frets will be gone and disappear......

Dude, action has nothing to do with fret wear. Every time you push down a string to play a note it's going to touch your fret and cause some wear. So yes, they wear down after awhile. Usually that takes quite a long time though. I've had my Ibanez RG for 6 years and there is definitely noticeable fret wear but they are no wear near gone lol. Don't worry about it unless your strings are touching your frets when your playing open strings, then you might have some problems lol.
If your action wears down your frets then it'd mean that the strings rattle on the frets a lot. In fact, you'd have tohave your bridge saddles level with the frets or slightly below, and it wouldn't be playable like that anyways. The person who told you to raise the action is one million percent ignorant.