okay i'm not sure how many people know this but Mike Huckabee is a bassist and he supports increasing creaative arts in schools
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
he also believes the earth is only 6000 years old and evolution is a myth.

What's your point?
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Mhm i knew that i saw him on the Colbert Report.
*predicts a politics war*
[img]http://www.fan2band.com/DynamicImages/97465_906_49_1997.gif[/img]
Awesome! Hopefully he can slap and pop away the national debt, or else that doesn't mean that much.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
Their was a bassist in the last presidential election too.

But he lost.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Yeah, a few threads about this were up on this forum over 6 months or so. He's actually on the Warwick wikipedia entry under artists that use Warwicks.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I oculd care less what he believes about the creation of the earth. My problem, is he wants it in the constitution. So, no ability with the bass can forgive that.
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
arts in school is important, but right now there are more important things in the world that need to be solved first.
Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the cake this morning!

yeah, that's an inside joke. i made it different colors and sizes to be obnoxious...
Quote by Mongoose87
I oculd care less what he believes about the creation of the earth. My problem, is he wants it in the constitution. So, no ability with the bass can forgive that.

have no idea where you guys are getting this or anything else from ... he said himself that he believes in evolution, he just says that god put his hand into it; evolution is by god's creative design not an "automatic biological process." as he says in his book and in an interview on his offical site.

the whole "earth is only xxxx years old" thing ... grow up.

i was just trying to put some real stuff on this forum that semi effects us so were not sitting around talking about string height all day ..
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
Quote by Emergancy Exit
have no idea where you guys are getting this or anything else from ... he said himself that he believes in evolution, he just says that god put his hand into it; evolution is by god's creative design not an "automatic biological process." as he says in his book and in an interview on his offical site.

the whole "earth is only xxxx years old" thing ... grow up.

i was just trying to put some real stuff on this forum that semi effects us so were not sitting around talking about string height all day ..

I'm referring to his statement that he would re-write the Constitution to "G-d's Law." Now, I've got no problem with G-d, but I think there should be the laws of the government and then the rules one follows for their religion. These two things need to remain separate.
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
Quote by Mongoose87
I'm referring to his statement that he would re-write the Constitution to "G-d's Law." Now, I've got no problem with G-d, but I think there should be the laws of the government and then the rules one follows for their religion. These two things need to remain separate.

Si Senior. especially in a country with so many different cultures, races, and religions all in one.
[img]http://www.fan2band.com/DynamicImages/97465_906_49_1997.gif[/img]
Quote by Mongoose87

Are the rules really so bad? I mean they were designed for a reason...and they work..so why not? I mean obviously you couldn't stuff like "love your neighbor as you love the Lord" in there...but the basics would be fine, I think.
Nope, no sig here.
Are the rules really so bad? I mean they were designed for a reason...and they work..so why not?

You could say that about the rules of any major and a fair number of minor religions. That's not an excuse to allow hypotheses, guesswork, assumptions and the laws of four thousand years ago to become a significant part of a modern state.

Anyway, on topic: why is him being a bassist relevant to how good he would be as President? Can't people vote on important things, like, say, Iraq, the economy, or healthcare any more?
Quote by Samzawadi

Anyway, on topic: why is him being a bassist relevant to how good he would be as President? Can't people vote on important things, like, say, Iraq, the economy, or healthcare any more?

Because we don't elect the military-industrial complex that really controls the decision making process in our country?
why is any of this in the bass forum...this goes in The Pit

*reported/move requested*
Soul Collector of the BassMilitia PM Dinkydaisy

Co-leader of The league of toxicity33, Kankuro, Dr. Gonzo Slash, DownInAHole, Synyster Gates, This End Up, and Neil_.

You should've used the Pythagorean Theorem, BITCH

BLALLALALASSISSIS *shank*
omigawd!!

And there's a woman running for president!! LAWLZ

Very old news, there was a video of him playing posted months ago.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Quote by civildp1
he also believes the earth is only 6000 years old and evolution is a myth.

What's your point?

+100000000000000000

So true.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
He grew up playing Rolling Stones and Beatles tunes. There has been a lot of footage on the news of him playing for the last few months.
I was pretty young for this, but I sort of remember Bill Clinton playing the saxophone as part of his campaign. And yea, John Kerry plays bass as well.

Huckabee still isn't my first choice of candidates, though.
I saw him playing "fortunate son" by CCR, it was wicked, he pulled out his 5 string. lol
w/o bass n drums, there wouldn't really be rock music.

Schecter is pronounced 'Shek-ter', right? I don't want to walk in and say, "Hey, can I try out that Sketcher?" and have the helper reply with "Wtf, we don't sell shoes!"
You know, according to the "Eric Cartman Theory of Black People", Barrack Obama can play bass as well?
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
this thread was done before, and I just don't support basing politics on musical beliefs.

As someone who didn't get to vote in the republican primary but wishes he did, I want to close this thread. If anyone objects, post here. But I plan to close this later if no one objects because... I mean.... really? seriously?

Quote by Mongoose87
You know, according to the "Eric Cartman Theory of Black People", Barrack Obama can play bass as well?

please keep racist jokes to a minimum.
infact, don't do them at all.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
Well, I guess you can close it, but it's not very flamey (thus far) and it's not been done in a while.

My 2 cents is that it doesn't really matter - he's not going to win today. And does nobody find it strange that a republican presidential candidate would be an artists that plays GERMAN basses?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I don't know anyone who'd consider voting for a guitarist for president. I want my leaders to be as mundane, plain and workmanlike as possible.

Oh wait he's a Bassist? Carry on.
Why cant he just be satisfied with being a bassplayer? Does he really have to try to become the president? It seems like all bass players today have some kind of inferiority complex.

Really it doesent bother me.

E.g. Bono helps starving children... He is still an arse.
PICTURE YOURSELF IN A BOAT ON A RIVER
WITH TANGERINE TREES AND MARMALADE SKIES...
i wasent saying anything like "he plays bass thats why we sould vote for him" kind of thing i was just bringing something up ... where are you getting this whole rewrite the constitution thing from? because i want to see it for myself because thus far i havent heard about it.
SansAmp Bass driver DI
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
For all you bass players who are on the Huckabee band wagon. welll I hope you like playing in the military band of the military branch to which you get conscripted . While he says he won't support a draft "at this time", he's pretty out front with his feeling that the military is underpowered and that conscription is not a bad fix.
i love how his band is called 'Capitol Offense'.

I mean, come on. That's asking for it.

Edit: Hm, at least he doesn't suck at it..haha this takes me back to hearing Clinton on the sax when I was little too.
Quote by skater dan0
...and the bassist comes up to the EQ and moves all the sliders into the typical smiley face pattern and in a really thick Jamaican accent said "you can't have de bass without de smiley face"
and closed. there's a forum for politics.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!