Looks homemade as hell to me... he did say its from a luthier. I would stay away from it if i were you, buying hand made non name brand stuff seems kinda shady unless you can really sit down with it and go over it with a fine tooth comb.
Chain:
Fingers -> Schecter Damien FR -> Fulltone OCD -> ABY Box -> Bugera V22 / Peavey 6505+
oh nah wasnt gna buy it
thought it looked like something people didnt know about
It's either an Epiphone EM-2, or a copy based on it (extreme likeness ahoy!). The thing is- I've never seen them with a Strat-style tremolo. They usually had Floyds.
yeah thats some frankenstiened thing, probably not on the Epiphone site or newhere else for that matter!
is it cliche to use myspace / soundclick links in my sig ? y/n __________________________________________________
soundclick
myspace
one of the new epiphone prophecies? i remember there being a few odd-looking models or something.
Quote by platypus01
one of the new epiphone prophecies? i remember there being a few odd-looking models or something.

No. Prophecies are red/black, sunbursted on flame (or quilted?) maple and have pearl knobs and stuff.

Defenitly not a Prophecy.
it looks like a custom guitar they built themselves they just put an epiphone explorer's headstock to trick you, DONT buy that guitar a have a feeling that if you do you will get totally screwed
Last edited by TOMMYB22 at Feb 5, 2008,
Like I said- it's an EM-2 (with different hardware than I've seen before), or a copy based on it. Why do you guys once again keep bulldozering on with uninformed "that looks nothing like any Epiphone ever produced ever!"-hogwash?

Edit: Some EM-1s came with Strat-style trene. Behold, a Genuine EM-1 (and yes- it came in a burst finish too, but there are almost no images to be found):

So you see, it's clearly 97% similar, the only real difference being the pickups and the finish.
Last edited by Pikka Bird at Feb 5, 2008,
Quote by Pikka Bird
So you see, it's clearly 97% similar, the only real difference being the pickups and the finish.

The person may have swapped out the pickups, too.

It doesn't look like there's even a logo on the headstock of the one for sale, though.
Quote by AngelOfHatred
The person may have swapped out the pickups, too.

It doesn't look like there's even a logo on the headstock of the one for sale, though.

There is.
didn't paul gilbert have one in bright pink?
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Those Epi's weren't anything to great, especially considering the old MIIIs by Gibson can be had for a couple hundred more.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
didn't paul gilbert have one in bright pink?

That's his Wilshire/Coronet:

You've read it, you can't un-read it!