My friend just sent me a link to this... GuitarRising

Here is the official site GuitarRising Official Site

Personally I don't know what the heck to think about it. I thought of this idea when guitar hero first came out, but didn't think anybody would actually do it...

Any comments?
I spelled my own name wrong... "Sixthy" how stupid.
People will complain to no end about this product, but I see nothing wrong with it. Just another way to teach kids guitar who don't have the attention span for normal lessons.
i wonder if actual guitarists like us would actually have a hard time on the hardest mode. although i'll bet it's nothing like usual guitar playing, it's probably just weird riffs played at insane speeds.
I dont think itll get past development, unless it already has. Then, meh? Im indifferent about this and guitar hero.
Does it make you match pitch or something? Thats what I think would be cool a game where you have to actually play the solo and you get graded on how well you match the pitch(like singstars)
looks like it would work if you used it on ps3 or xbox as no-one would do that kind of thing on a normal computer (too expensive)
if you could import things like guitar pro tabs that would be good
looks hard to read th numbers but you should be learning the songs of by heart anyway
People will be like, DUDE i learned like 3 nirvana songs on the xbox last night. Lets go to that keg party and jam.
Hope It uses chords as well as single notes and the songs are played to according to their actual tab
Quote by Bartleby
i tune to drop-Z and string my guitar with barbed wire.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
we r all rlaeted bcuz teh bibel sez so we r al innbreads lolo

Prime Minister of Puppets of The Australia FTW Club

One of The 9 Winners of the Official 5th MOD Contest
^^^^^ try people actually reading the music, online tabs are if anything unreliable they woudlnt use them
I am me. Live with it.
First there was guitar hero and all they talked about was plastic controllers and getting a million on TTFAF

Now they will be talking about real guitar and getting a million points playing all the small things
Quote by Bartleby
i tune to drop-Z and string my guitar with barbed wire.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
we r all rlaeted bcuz teh bibel sez so we r al innbreads lolo

Prime Minister of Puppets of The Australia FTW Club

One of The 9 Winners of the Official 5th MOD Contest
I agree that this will bring all these fags that go to guitar shops who think they can play insanely, but who cares.

The people that do care obviously feel insecure about their playing.

Also, this will be for guitar players, since you need a guitar to begin with.
well for lazy ****ers like me who cant be arsed to learn anything, this thing look pretty dam cool
I think it's a good idea, i'd play it mainly
a) to learn songs that I wouldn't care about or never heard of, and
b) to help with sight reading , although it is tabbed, but it's still sight.

The Gear I Use Most:
Gibson guitars, Les Paul, ES-335, SG and more.
Dunlop Crybaby | Dunlop Volume | Boss TU-2 | Ibanez TS-9 | Maxon AD-999
Planet Waves Custom Leads
Marshall JCM900 (model: 4100 + 4101)

TooJoo The Band
at least u gota use a real guitar, unlike those plastic ones for GH.

Now guitarist wannabes will have to buy a real guitar to play this.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
I'd rather use guitar pro. Proper tab layout and you can work at the songs you like and not just some random ****e the developers decided to put on the game.
Oh. Man. I NEED THAT IN MY LIFE!

Finally a chance for us guitarists to show those GuitarHeroes who the real musicians are!

... By essentially playing the same game, just with a different controller...
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████