ok so i know its got an extra tube so more distortion but it also doesnt have the two inputs of the regular so whats the difference
the cleans are more usable and it has seprate Eq's for each channel
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
i own the 6505+ 120w head. there are seperate eq's and presence/resonance controls.
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not
Quote by bcrichslave
which would you choose for speed death metal

6505 its a little more in your face, higher gain, the + has less gain, though more than you need, its a little more laid back
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
so if it has less gain what does the extra tube do. musicians friend says it gives it more gain
Quote by bcrichslave
so if it has less gain what does the extra tube do. musicians friend says it gives it more gain

Extra preamp tube is used for the cleans
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
i will just say this now, people who own the 6505 will support that, and people who own a 6505+ will support that. i know, thats what i do. it really depends on YOUR ear. play both and make a decision for YOURSELF. i would highly reccomend, what ever you buy, to get an eq (MXR 10 band) to really sculpt the tone for yourself. also, look at prices/whether you want a combo or half stack, etc. either way, play both versions. i have found that both don't have the best in the world for cleans anyways, so yeah
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not
Right.
The + version has an extra preamp valve, and a seperate EQ for the crunch/clean channel.

The extra preamp valve means that there's more headroom, so therefore sliightly nicer cleans. The sliiightly less gain on the + version is NEGLIGIBLE! You really cannot tell the difference unless you play one after the other.
I would choose the + version, because the extra EQ gives it SO much more diversity.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia