so i am getting my badass bridge installed for my fender finally and the luthier was asking me if i want grooves installed on the bridge. i told him yes thinking that i play on the agressive side i wouldent want to jar the string.

the point is i was giong to ask if i was right? it's going to be a few days before he actually starts so if i am wrong it's okay i can just ask him i changed my mind on grooves. i read on the forum a long time ago that you had to have grooves on the badass bridges but i'm just clarifying information here.
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
Yes, the grooves are for your strings to go in, otherwise they'll slide around all over the bridge and your intonation will be poo and playing that bass will be nasty.

The reason he asked you was so because you might have wanted to sort out your own grooves and intonation yourself.
Quote by Sizzleby
I could watch your avatar for hours.
Quote by thewho65
It's official: apparently, the U.K. is a nation of trolls.

ORANGE AMPLIFIERS Endorser and Proud.
maybe... i really hope he does a good job he worked on a friend of mine's strat replaced pickups, bridge and tuneing knobs and did the action intonation, and truss rod and it plays like butter( in the good way) and so i took it to him based on the referal and because he does it personally cheaper then any of the music shops around... jsut a little nervous and anxious
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E