Unless I am mistaken Gibson Les Pauls come with at least 2 different body shapes.

Both have that lovely arch... but which Gibbos come with the more arched / hill shape.

As far as I have seen the Goldtop re-issues and the Les Paul Classic Bulletin Gold both have the more prominent arch shape where-as the Standards (even the goldtop) has a shape that looks more like regular curve (tip cut of a circle).

Do all the Classics come with the high arch or is it just the goldtops bar the Standard?

I owned a epi les paul custom in white many years ago and that had the more arched shape?

I also owned a Gibson Les Paul Artist a few years back (the one with moog effects built in, looks a bit like a Custom) and that had the more regular arch shape?
I think Gibson Is the Best For Guitars, I wish I have a Gibsom guitar, I have "Greg Bennet" x]
You Just Read My Signature.
Seem to be having trouble inserting pictures.....

I pretty sure.

My Les Paul was different to others I've seen.
All I know if the Gibson Les Paul I owned has a different top shape to the Gibson Les Paul Goldtop (that arn't Standards)
I'm pretty sure all the carved tops are the same... but now you have me wondering.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I have seen Les Pauls who's top seems to be more "arched" then others, but I never really thought about it.
Quote by FacingUsAll
I'm pretty sure all the carved tops are the same... but now you have me wondering.

Quite. I never really though of anything past flat top vs carved top.
They're probably all supposed to be about the same... but I guess if you look at 1 on each end of the spectrum they look quite different?...

Maybe the curves just show up a lot more on the Goldtops.

Cheers.