Is it possible to create pinch harmonics with a clean tone? Or do I need some kind of distortion?
distortion and high gain tone makes it more audible and easier to hear, you can pinch harmonics on clean you just can't hear them as well
You don't need gain to do a pich harmonic. It's possible to do it on a clean tone, or an acoustic guitar. Gain just magnifies the sound of the harmonic.
BLACK OVERLORD OF THE ORDER OF THE KNIGHTS WHO SAY NI! pm SGstriker to join!

Quote by Bennetts_strat
^Dude, he's an 02'er.... He could put you in dog collars and make you his bitch if he wanted.

YOU stop phailing.
Quote by Kai-7
You don't need gain to do a pich harmonic. It's possible to do it on a clean tone, or an acoustic guitar. Gain just magnifies the sound of the harmonic.

pretty much what was said then
Yes, but it won't stand out as it should, so, there's no point doing it IMO.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
Quote by Irontallica09
distortion and high gain tone makes it more audible and easier to hear, you can pinch harmonics on clean you just can't hear them as well

Plus it requires better technique. Like tapping, you can clean or on an acoustic guitar but you need better technique for it to sound good.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.