I have a Valley Arts Custom Pro which I love but I can never bend up a tone on these frets on the high e string: 14th, 17th and 19th. Is this something I could easily fix myself? or should I just take it to a guitar tech?

thanks
get lighter strings.

.10's or .09's should do the trick.
My Music Videos

Guitars:
Breedlove Revival Series OM
Crosby Fingerstyle Model
Voyage-Air VAOM-06
Fender Stratocaster (American)
Fender Nashville Deluxe Tele
what do you mean you can't bend up a tone? the guitar won't let you? or the sound of the note is incorrect? if it is too difficult get lighter gauge strings, if the guitar frets wont's let you take it to a repairer
Quote by Irontallica09
what do you mean you can't bend up a tone? the guitar won't let you? or the sound of the note is incorrect? if it is too difficult get lighter gauge strings, if the guitar frets wont's let you take it to a repairer

This is something I haven't came across here before.
Get lighter strings, if that is the problem.
I have thick strings on my soloist (.12's) and I can bend up on the 24th fret no problem. try raising the action if the note cuts out. Also your action doesn't need to be high to do bends on the high strings on lots of guitars (my soloist has low action aswell). It could also be a warped or bent neck
Ah... I explained the problem badly. I have no problem bending the strings whatever gauge they are (im using 10-46.) The note cuts out when I bend up a tone, although strangely enough it doesn't when I bend up half a tone for example. Perhaps steve is on the right track, adjusting the action? How would I go about that?
I googled how to work out the radius and well, I can't. I'm not even 100% sure if its a straight or compound radius. I think its a compound radius but only just. I tried looking it up online and I'm not even sure what guitar I have! I know its a valley arts custom pro USA but there are so many variations that I can't find out...
adjusting the action is done different depending on what type of bridge you have. is it a strat style bridge? gibson tun-o-matic? floyd rose? or something else? post a pic of a guitar with the same bridge and I'll help you out.
and btw I also have two guitars one with a compound radius and one with a flat neck and both have no problems bending notes so that's not it.
On that to raise the action you would screw in each of the two allen screws on each of the saddles. btw you would turn them clockwise.
Wow!!! Thanks so much man! I've had this problem for about 3 months and well, I just followed the action advice and everything is fine now! Thanks again
no problem. I like to have the action on my guitars low but not low enough to have problems like excessive fret buzz and fretting out on bends like you were getting.
Quote by DString
This is something I haven't came across here before.
Get lighter strings, if that is the problem.

why did you quote me