Hi,

My band and I are looking for a good rehearsal space in central london, any recommendations? We went here last week, and althou cheap, it was horrid, dirty, spores floating in the air... not great.
Perhaps we're being to fussy, how much should we be expecting to pay to rehearse? this place was cheap, £5 an hour, extra for instrument hire.
Quote by t3hjames
Hi,

My band and I are looking for a good rehearsal space in central london, any recommendations? We went here last week, and althou cheap, it was horrid, dirty, spores floating in the air... not great.
Perhaps we're being to fussy, how much should we be expecting to pay to rehearse? this place was cheap, £5 an hour, extra for instrument hire.

thats the best your gonna get with £5 an hour.
if your starting out i wouldn't be too fussy. My band pays £7 an hour for a ****hole full of death metal bands and we're the skinny indie kids so we stand out a bit. Its rotting and falling apart but the equipments OK .
Do you know any friendly pub landlords or landladies with a singing and dancing licence, spare back room or function room? Could you cobble together a PA system?
If yes, here's the offer you give them. They let you rehearse there for free, and you play them about 6 free gigs over the year. That's just one gig every two months.
You get your rehearsal space without any money changing hands and also gigs to aim towards and use to improve your set with, they get a resident band that doesn't cost them a fortune every time they appear.
As a resident band that plays their regularly, you'll have to change your set often, so this situation also pushes you to expand on your repertoire and write new material, which in turn improves the band as a whole and improves everyone's personal abilities too.
Quote by t3hjames
Hi,

i imagine thats pretty good for london, we pay £4 i think in liverpool

tbh most practice rooms are pretty grim unless youve got tons of money to spend

if you hate it that much maybe you should look into a permanent room? abit more expensive but you can leave your gear there and fix it up the way you like