im need some advice, i play mostly rock/ metal with alot of solo's which pup and why?
what are the main diffrences?
My gear:
Ibanez jem555, rg320, rg170dx
Ashton gt100 amp
boss me50
Quote by defmetal101
im need some advice, i play mostly rock/ metal with alot of solo's which pup and why?
what are the main diffrences?

Well, the V8 is an Ibanez stock pickup and is not really of the same quality as the DiMarzio made Evo's.

Not everyone is equally impressed by the Evo's, although I don't think a V8 is a fitting replacement.

You have Evo's in your guitar, so you should know what they're like.

It also depends on the guitar their installed into and most importantly, the amp.

If you don't have a good amp, the tonal differences between the V8 and an Evo will be much less.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
this is for my cheap new ibanez 170dx, it has really crappy standard SHSsometing pups

are the v8 and prestige v8 the same thing
My gear:
Ashton gt100 amp
boss me50
Quote by defmetal101
this is for my cheap new ibanez 170dx, it has really crappy standard SHSsometing pups

are the v8 and prestige v8 the same thing

There's no such thing as Prestige pickups.

Anyway, and this isn't meant offensive, but why would you buy a third low-end Ibanez?

The Jem555 isn't Prestige, neither is the RG320 and the 170DX is Gio...

You'd be much better of saving up for an RG1570; it has a better trem than the one on the 555, a nicer neck and better overall materials.

Again, this is not meant as offensive, but it's just some advice.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
no, offence taken, i needed a cheap guitar for my music course so i thought i'd get the 170 since my other guitars have had some fairly expensive modding. I also needed a new guitar becouse alot of the stuff i cover are from an wide range of bands and i have to keep tuning up and down constantly. I actually like how the 170 plays and am thinking of sticking with that ratio neck since i have fairly big hands/fingers, but i've only had it for a day and will take time to decide which neck i prefere. that may seem silly but i was playing it today and dont know if i prefere that neck even though its chunkier
My gear:
Ashton gt100 amp
boss me50