Page 1 of 2
Have you ever experienced a moment where you thought that you were going to die, and how did that make you feel?

I did two years back, I went to the hospital because i was not feeling well. Honestly I thought i was fine. They told me they had to do a blood test. I panicked, i had a fear of needles. Little did I know that panicking only made my condition worse , suddenly I became dizzy. I fell to the ground. I could not see. all i heard were muffled noises. and I started shouting '"i dont want to die now" and I was honestly really freaked out.

Turns out it was due to lack of blood, excessive bleeding. And luckily I still had enough blood to spare me from a blood transfusion. ... although I ended up fainting a few more times even after being warded...

but honestly for that one moment I really thought I was going to die,and I wil never forget the fear I had of dying at that moment.
A month or so back i had a few drinks, got some bad news and punched through a plate glass window. As I pulled my arm out a jet of blood sprayed from my arm and all up the window and I was like 'oh ****'. I lost about 3 pints or so and spent a week in hospital and had surgery, was on morphine all week, greatest week of my life! Except that I fainted many times from blood loss and pain and am now still in a cast :|
ohai little sig.
cant say ive ever been that far, im always almost getting hit by cars and getting injured somehow
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
I was hungry and out of pizza. The fridge was 2 rooms away.

Never again...

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

Quote by Tom_hatton
When I nearly got hit by a bus... damn that **** me up.

Same here. And so did my sister once. Hmm... buses FTL. lol.
I can remember once I was coming back from a lecture, and tripped right on the crossing just as the lights were about to turn green again. Luckily for me the driver of the car realised and stopped and waited until I was up again before going off.

Bear in mind I did this on one of the busiest roads in Newcastle.
I was in the backseat of my wife's car. We weren't even dating at the time, and she had one of her friends in the front passenger seat. We were in the far left lane on the highway and some of my friends were in a car behind us, and they were being dicks and passed. As they were going by us, my wife decided that she was going to "leap frog" them or pass them back so she sped up. At this point we were probably going about 80 or 85 MPH. However, my friends ended up cutting off the car directly in front of us so he hit his breaks as my wife went to get into the lane to our right. She saw all this a little late because she was checking her blind spot to get over and had to slam on her breaks, but she already had the wheel turned to merge. She locked up the breaks and we ended up doing at least 2 360's in the middle of the highway.

The car came to a stop about 4 inches from the center median, and luckily there was no one behind us. It was summer so we had the windows down, and all I can remember while we were spinning is little pieces of rubber from the tires coming in and hitting me in the face. It was quite the rush, but one that I'd not like to experience ever again.

I remind my wife of that every time she nags me for not driving safe
Once I vomited so many times in quick succession that I thought I was going to regurgitate my organs. It was Christmas too.
I had a bath that was too hot once, and when i got out and stood up, 'cos my blood temp was so high i collapsed/fainted. I woke up like a min later and there was blood all over everything in the bathroom, i smashed my hip off the door handle.
Didn't think i was going to die, but it was definetly a 'wtf' moment
I thought I had cancer once...seriously ****ted me up

EDIT- I also nearly killed myself driving a motorbike on a snowy country lane....to put it simply I had a major crash
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Last edited by wiggy1988 at Feb 5, 2008,
ages ago we were messin about so we went into this cow field to terrorise some cows and we got surrounded by them, not fun, i still dont know how the **** we got out of that
Quote by Fuzz DH
ages ago we were messin about so we went into this cow field to terrorise some cows and we got surrounded by them, not fun, i still dont know how the **** we got out of that

It's not like they were lions.
Quote by denizenz
It's not like they were lions.

Dude cows are just as bad as lions in their own way. Believe me, I used to live on a farm. Everyone seems to underestimate cows...
Quote by Nightmare_xxx
to be honest, I thought they were awful. I mean some of the songs our drummer's written was better than their stuff.
once me and my mate (both slightly drunk) decided to walk down a feild and saw a locked enclosure.
we were chased off by shotgun weilding pikies and had to hide in a bush waiting for a friend to pick us up, we could here dogs getting closer and shots being fired
New Years before last, I ended up drinking 7 bottles of wine. I didn't intend to, but the strange thing about wine is that the more you drink, the easier it goes down, and after awhile, when you'r e a bit drunk, it goes down like grape juice.

I pass out in a recliner, and wake up a few hours later with all my friends and family panicking and running around me. When I open my eyes, someone goes: "Hey, he's awake!" I just look up and I'm like "Hey, whats wrong?"

Apparently, I didn't have a pulse for a few minutes, and they were getting ready to try to rescusitate me while dialling 911. Fun times.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
When i lost the backend of my car coming down a bank doing about 70mph i ended up going sideways up a large kirb (extremely lucky it didnt flip) and crashing into a road barrier at about 35-40mph. Got out of that one unharmed somehow aswel
Ate a cookie that had nuts in it and i figured I'd just tough it out. An hour later i'm dying on a table in the er and everything fades to black as I pass out...wake up in a cold puddle of vomit so doped up on epi and benadryl shots i can barely focus. Lucky me nearly died and tried to walk out the next day. Good times.
Quote by The Leader
New Years before last, I ended up drinking 7 bottles of wine. I didn't intend to, but the strange thing about wine is that the more you drink, the easier it goes down, and after awhile, when you'r e a bit drunk, it goes down like grape juice.

I pass out in a recliner, and wake up a few hours later with all my friends and family panicking and running around me. When I open my eyes, someone goes: "Hey, he's awake!" I just look up and I'm like "Hey, whats wrong?"

Apparently, I didn't have a pulse for a few minutes, and they were getting ready to try to rescusitate me while dialling 911. Fun times.

SEVEN bottles!!

sir I salute you
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
When I was 7 I had this hill in my front yard and it was pretty steep and it lead to this busy street with this gas station and stuff. I had training wheels on and one of them was off the ground but taht didn't matter. So I went up to the very top and I was going down realy fast and then I got to close to the end and I squeezed the brakes and they weren't workinG! I did not know what to do. I was so stupid I didn't hold onto the fence and let go of the bike. These to Mexican dudes where just laugh so they didn't do **** to help me. and then I landed in the street fell off my bike and lost my boot somewhere and right when I turend to my left I saw a car. Luckily it saw me and stoped. I almost died right there.

so yeah..... 7 years later 14 and in a new house so screw that house with the deadly hill.
Quote by nasstyman
i busted a g-string while fingering a minor...
Quote by 18zzz18
REPLY DUDE! YOU COULD BE THE SAVIOUR OF THE EARTH AND ALL OF MANKIND! (:
0h @nd U M@Y H@V3 2 T@LK L1K3 TH1S..... 1TZ TH3 L@NGU@G3 0F TH3 FUTUR3
Quote by RMC06
My old band teacher once called me a penis wrinkle.
A couple of weeks ago, something happened after a heavy night of boozing. I took ecstasy for the first time and passed out on the pavement. One of my mates had to bundle me into a taxi and take me home with him, otherwise I wouldn't have made it back. Dumb kid
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
Lol, I fell into a river when I was 4 but I didn't think I was gonna diw because I was...well, 4.

Nearest I came to accepting something that bad was gonna happen was when myself and my friend moved in with a physco bitch from hell. She threatened to have her boys come round and fuck us up/shoot us if we didn't give her money.

Long story short, she ended up pulling a knife on my friend, we got the whole thing on tape and she got seriously pwned. I should actually make a thread about it
Quote by jimtaka
i'd say your guitar is out of tune, or you are accidentally muting strings that you aren't trying to, or your right hand isn't strumming at the same time that your left hand is fretting, or you could be reading the tab upside down...
Just a few weeks ago I was coming home from my girlfriend's house. I was coming up to this stop sign in front of a railroad that I always just blow because I'd never seen a train on it before. Well, as I'm getting closer the little voice in my head tells me that I should probably stop. I figure, "What the hell, I'll get home on time." So I stop, and right as I do a train comes blowing past. It then occurs to me that if I hadn't stopped, I'd be dead. It scared the fu'ck out of me. I always stop there now.
Quote by Vermintide
In Soviet Russia, bar searches YOU!!!

I was in the passanger seat of a Geo Storm (car) and my friend Chuck was doing 80 and all of a sudden we saw a road closed sign and he had to pull the E-break and we did a 360 and went into the other lane...... I was freaked for a little while!
Denae & Walter
Together
4-Ever
When I was 11, I had to get my appendix removed, and the doctor told me it could kill me... I was suffering and when he told me that, I really thought I was goin' to die that night.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
This time, when I was a kid, between 5 and 8. I went to the beach with my parents, and at that time, that particular beach was the one I disliked and completely avoided, because of the reason that nearly got me killed that day: the sea.

The coast of the beach I did enjoy going to at that time doesn't have strong waves or currents, and so whenever I went there I'd take a bath and stay there most of the time, playing in the water. It was truly what I most enjoyed about the going to the beach

Thing is, the sea of the beach I went to that day was red-flagged every day. When the sea is red-flagged in a certain beach it means the sea is being a bitch that day, and you basically shouldn't mess with it. And so, naive as I was, I wandered off without my parents realising it, and stepped foot just by the water, to get a feel of it.

That's when this strong wave comes out of nowhere and knocks me down. No harm there, just had to get up. However, the drawback the water was having was as though as I was hanging on a cliff, about to fall down. I didn't have time or strength to get up, the strong current was already dragging me. Only action I could take was gripping the wet sand with both of my hands. Softened by the water, the sand wasn't holding consistency, and for those 3 seconds, while swallowing water and sand, slipping off my grip and being dragged by the water, I could only think that was it for me. When all of the water was finally done drawing back, I got up immediately, still shaken by all the thoughts that had crossed my mind, coughing water out of my mouth.

At the time, I was wearing sandals, and one of them was pulled from my foot. I still have the other one. Fortunately, I didn't get out of that with a phobia or anything. I love it as much as always did.

EDIT: Sorry for the wall of text. I got carried away.
when i was five years old, i remember driving with my dad and we hit a nail or glass or something and the tire popped and it wasnt that big a deal but my dad is a dick and he starts swerving the car around and goes " this is it, this is the end right here!" im five so he scared the **** out of me. when he saw how scared i was he just started laughing his ass off.
not near death but when i was little i roller bladed down a hill and fell and the whole back of my leg had no skin on it and i almost had it amputated/ but im good now
now i was incredibly stupid one day and i thought id drink a load of whisky.
so within time i was very drunk
then went toilet and threw up and i thought that my mum would be home soon, so i decided i'd take a cold bath to sober me up (wtf?)
which was fine at the time and it kinda worked.
the next day i was thinking.
then came a 'OH **** moment'
i thought what if i passed out in the bath and drowned. then my mum coming home to my dead body in the bath. i ****ing cried!
now the most ill drink is only enough to get me tipsy/or very slightly drunk at the maxiumum.
Narrowly avoiding a car crash a couple of years ago - car came round a bend in the road very fast, and as it was a country road was of course slippery with cow shite - my mum who was driving braked and swerved really fast, I dunno how her reactions were so fast, but the other car ploughed right into a wall. The driver, unsurprisingly, was pretty hammered. Prick.
Once I choked on a piece of bread. It's funny, I didn't panic or anything... it just felt like "well, this is it". Until my grandad took the bread out of my mouth, then my throat hurt like hell.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
A moment I thought I was going to die. . . hmmm. . .
Ah! This one time, when I was maybe seven or eight, and my brother was three, we were out in front of my house riding around, me on my bike and my brother on his tricycle. I thought it'd be funny if I bumped his tricycle repeatedly with my bike, you know, just to freak him out. I accidentally bumped him a little too hard and he fell backwards off his tricycle and cracked his skull on the sidewalk. I was scared as hell. Now, you don't know my parents, so you think it'd be okay, but I seriously thought they were going to kill me when they found out. So I took my brother to my friend's house. . . and then my friend's dad took him to my parents You should've seen the look on my parent's faces. As they were driving my brother to the emergentcy room, I seriously thought, "Crap, I'm going to die today, I just know it."
i was around 7 and i was in colombia at this place called el rio cauca. basically it's this huge river that once used to be clean now it's disgusting full of waste materials from nearby sewers and w/e. So i ventured out there with my family and walked around the river. There were these wooden platforms that you could walk on and **** and for some reason my brother went out really far and fell into the water. me for some odd reason thought that i could rescue him,but being 7 years old i couldn't do **** and we both almost drowned. my uncle had to jump in and rescue us both. would've sucked for both my parents if we had died lol.
Sitting through an auction. Note that I live in the southern United States, so the auctioneer's voice was like a bleeding knife in my throat.

As for serious occurances, no.
Quote by PurpleMonkeyDW
Lol, I fell into a river when I was 4 but I didn't think I was gonna diw because I was...well, 4.

Nearest I came to accepting something that bad was gonna happen was when myself and my friend moved in with a physco bitch from hell. She threatened to have her boys come round and fuck us up/shoot us if we didn't give her money.

Long story short, she ended up pulling a knife on my friend, we got the whole thing on tape and she got seriously pwned. I should actually make a thread about it

Do it,Do it NOW!

If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Page 1 of 2