2 14%
Handsome devil
7 50%
VC
3 21%
Other
2 14%
Voters: 14.
So...I wanna ditch my microcube cause it's jsut sooo damn muddy and sterile to me...

I live in an apartement....I realize that some of the volume might be a problem, but i can crank it during the day after school, cause the house is generally empty at day time.... I also could make a resistor based attenuator for evening use....

I play classic rock/sleaze/blues/glam and loads of other stuff like that...no metal though

anyways...here's the things i thought of:

Blackheart Little Giant combo
5w/3w Full tube, with EQ and Pentode/Triode switch + Computer recording interface to buy along

Blackheat handsome devil combo
15w/7w full tube....what i like about this one is that it has all the features that the little giant, but also has a gain knob! Anyway this might be a little too loud? + computer recording interface to buy along

Laney VC combo...15w full tube. Probably needs no introduction...can't buy the interface with it though.

What do you think i should get regarding the circumstances?
Last edited by zwound at Feb 5, 2008,
Check out the ZVex 1/2watt amp. The sound is fantastic. Perfect for classic rock.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Archeo Avis
Check out the ZVex 1/2watt amp. The sound is fantastic. Perfect for classic rock.

Too expensive and limited availability to him.

I say go for the handsome devil and use the 7w.
checke out thomann's ga5 and ga15. theyre a better bang for the buck here in estonia than the blackheart amps.
The blackhearts sound really sweet tho IMO...

I dno...the Ga5 was an option...but maybe its not enough for what i play?
crap...they don't have the handsome devil in stock until april...
Do you think there is a tone difference between them?

Oh, and do you thing the blackheart isnt worth the extra 200 euros compared to the GA5?
Last edited by zwound at Feb 5, 2008,
if you like its sound go for it. though the ga5 or ga15 are definitely better in value terms. and better or equal in sound terms too after modding em.
^ That, plus the Little Giant IMO isn't a great design... There's a reason most modders choose not to put full tonestacks on the VJ, and that's because it sucks tone quite a lot...
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
hmm...you guys got me loose again

what kind of mods do you reckon doing though, how easy/pricey will it be?
There was a post I saw earlier ("Too good to be true?" I think it was called) which had a link for Rat engineering modded VJ. £199 I think so that could be useful to you for a small gig. And the guy who modded also fitted L-Pad attenuator on it.....
I've got the Blackheart head and cab, and you won't get much gain out of it at low volumes. Even though it's 5 watts, it's still loud and has clean headroom at bedroom volumes.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
But..... that's with a Strat, and Strats tend to have headroom. You'll get a bit of gain with an LP or somethin with higher output pickups.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30