Hey I know I've been posting a **** load but bare with me. I have to build an amp for school and I just got the day off so I decided to give it a shot. I have two old Speakers Cabs I took apart. All I need to do is wire it so atleast 2 of the speakers connected to a 1/4 Jack. This is what I have.

2 of these

the back

and 2 of these

back

the wire colors on that are (left) brown (right) red

and I have a 1/4" Three Conductor Stereo Phone Jack from RadioShack

anything would help so much
thanks

sorry for the huge pics
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
Oh and yeah laugh
I suck at electronics
even simple stuff like this freaks me out
Gear

98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Some questions you need to answer:

What is the impedance of each speaker? You should get a voltmeter and check them.
What is the wattage rating of each speaker? I did a search on google and didn't find any information regarding those speakers (114106, assuming they're KLH).
Frequency range for the speakers? Not sure if you can find this information if you can't even find out what wattage they are...

If any of these things are amiss you could potentially blow either the speakers or (worse) your amp.
Quote by ewisnor
Some questions you need to answer:

What is the impedance of each speaker? You should get a voltmeter and check them.
What is the wattage rating of each speaker? I did a search on google and didn't find any information regarding those speakers (114106, assuming they're KLH).
Frequency range for the speakers? Not sure if you can find this information if you can't even find out what wattage they are...

If any of these things are amiss you could potentially blow either the speakers or (worse) your amp.

I think I MIGHT have a voltage meter in my garage. A little yellow thing. I've asked my mom before if she knew but she didn't. There both the same speaker if that one of your questions. and how could I blow my Amp????
Gear

98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
it might say the wattage on the stereo, if you've still got it.

You can blow a speaker if the signal going into it from the amp is too big for it to cope, what happens is there's a little magnet attached to the paper part of the speaker and a coil, and when you pass a current through the coil, it moves the magnet, which moves the paper, which moves the air and you hear a sound. so when the signal is too big it actually rips the paper in the speaker.

I think amp speakers are built so that this is less common, whereas high fi speakers are more sensative, because distortion in a high fi is bad news.
I dont have the original -_-
hmm
it realy doesn't matter if i blow THESE speakers
but it does matter if i blow my amp
Gear

98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
If the impedance of the speakers is not supported by the output of your amp you will fry something. The impedance will change depending on how you wire the speakers together, so keep that in mind. It would be a good idea to use your meter to find out the impedance after you've wired them together... before you go plugging your amp in.

This page might help you with impedance:
http://www.colomar.com/Shavano/4x12wiring.html
Also, if you start mixing drivers (ie: tweeters, mid-range, bass) you may need a simple crossover or you will be sending notes to a driver that does not support that particular frequency. Doing this blows drivers.

Just a thought.

Chris