suburban rythem 500 times...

as fun as they are live i wish they would play some of their lesser known works
Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves-Eric Hoffer

Quote by GannonBracewell

CBGB wants to be famous like the others such as Green Day and Offspring. They don't want to be a underground punk band.
1. White boy skank dat riddim
2. Rubadub nursery rhyme dis culture
3. Who Jah? Jah play dat ****ry badminton.
Definitely play:

Sell Out
Take On Me
Beer
Where Have You Been?
Your Guts (I hate 'em)
Trendy
Everything sucks

Might play:

Thank You For Not Moshing
Good Thing
Suckers
The Fire
Don't Start A Band
Join The Club
Revolution
I Want Your GF To Be My GF Too

From Monkeys:

My Imaginary Friend (as it was the single)
Slow Down
Live Your Dream

Won't play but should:

What Are Friends For?
Why Do All Girls Think They're Fat
Brand New Song
Song #3
Hate You
So Lonely (cover version)
Alternative Baby
Quote by BlackLuster
DisgruntledDuck, I wish there were more people like you in the world.

Quote by Jaimz
You Sir, have my utmost respect

I have Jaimz' utmost respect and BlackLuster wishes that there were more people like me in the world!
they played sell out last, and from what i remember: take on me, beer, she has a gf now, and some phil collins song plus others

ps that was a killer tour at least here they toured with street light manifesto and less than jake
Quote by ozzy578
amadeus, calm the **** down.

MIA STRAT - [50TH ANNIVERSARY] ****SOON TO HAVE COOLRAILS

PEAVEY VALVEKING 100WATT HALF STACK [KILLER]
I want to see RBF because I loved them when I was 14 and it would bring back tons o' memories.

Kinda like when I saw Anti-Flag.
I realize that RBF have tons and tons of songs that are good, but not popular.

It's one of those bands that the popular songs stick out, and you forget the rest. Skews the perception.
Ok, so I decided to keep this thread alive. I went to see Streetlight Manifesto last night, supporting Reel Big Fish. I had doubts about Reel Big Fish even though I knew they had a big fanbase. I had a few complains about the gig overall, and I just felt like posting. A) The openign band Sonic Boom 6 got about 20 minutes stage time which was disappointing in itself as they are a local band and clearly there were quite a few people that were there to see them. B) Streetlight manifesto got just over half an hour (no particular problem with this by itself). C) RBF got 1 hour and half, after watching them play I was saddened that the crowd happened to be full of assholes, and that RBF were a pretty ****ty band if I'm honest. How streetlight manifesto weren't headlining was absurd imo. They involved the crowd more, they had more energy and they hardly had any stage time. Reel Big Fish's guitar player was pretty decent but apart from that the band sucked. I suppose I don't have too much of a beef, except that I don't understand how RBF were headlining even though they are popular. I thought Streetlight should have got waay more stage time, if not headlining.
they where headlining because they are way more popular over all, skill doesnt have much to do with it. Streetlight may be more popular in the ska scene itself but Reel Big Fish has a much larger fan base in other "scenes" so when they come to town they bring alot more people than just the ska kids
Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves-Eric Hoffer

Quote by GannonBracewell

CBGB wants to be famous like the others such as Green Day and Offspring. They don't want to be a underground punk band.
Quote by BostonLacrosse
they where headlining because they are way more popular over all, skill doesnt have much to do with it. Streetlight may be more popular in the ska scene itself but Reel Big Fish has a much larger fan base in other "scenes" so when they come to town they bring alot more people than just the ska kids

Also, the fact that it was called The Monkeys For Nothing tour may have had something to do with it.
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
Quote by BostonLacrosse

Well, it's last time i'm having anything to do with RBF. They sucked and streetlight are way better.
Quote by Ska Wars
Also, the fact that it was called The Monkeys For Nothing tour may have had something to do with it.

touche

Quote by GannonBracewell

I went last night. Streetlight were awesome and owned the show.
I didn't watch RBF, I hung out with Streetlight and the Boom instead, because I'm just cool like that.
^I'm going to that tour on Saturday, looking forward to it. Would it be too fanboyish to want a picture with streetlight?
If music was the food of love I'd be a fat romantic slob.
Haha. Probably, but f*ck it, do it anyway. They're all dead nice guys, they won't object at all. You won't get a shot at Tomas though, just so you know though! He's very elusive.
So I was at Reel Big Fish last night, so I thought I'd tell you what I thought of it. First of all, Sonic Boom Six really surprised me. I'd been on their myspace and hadn't liked their songs that much, but when they played live they were amazing. Despite there only being a handful of people watching them they were still having fun and jumping around and stuff which was cool, I bought their Cd at the end.

Everyone went mad when Streetlight played, it was really intense. I got stuck with a pit to my back right when they started so I kept get forced into the person in front, I'm asthmatic so I was too out of breath to sing or anything.

Reel Big Fish's set was a lot more laid back, you could actually stop and dance rather than get shoved around all the time. Reel Big Fish were better live than I expected, really fun, really kiddy and people just had a good time. Even the songs I didn't like off the albums I enjoyed live. Well, that's my two cents.
If music was the food of love I'd be a fat romantic slob.
I went to their concert in Brussels and my friend got the sheet with the playlist on, I'll ask him when I see him
RBF ruuuuulez !!!! (srry, had to get it out)
SB6 I didn't like from their Myspace or live, but I'm starting to like them now.
Streetlight stole the show in my opinion, absolutely amazing.
RBF were alright, but just something about them seemed too sort of 'going through the motions' for me :/
Alone in a Godless universe, and out of Shake'n'Vac
Quote by Naivety Play
Streetlight stole the show in my opinion, absolutely amazing.
RBF were alright, but just something about them seemed too sort of 'going through the motions' for me :/

True man, Streetlight was great... it was too short
I went to the RBF gig in Exeter with a sense of apprehension, given the mixed reviews in this thread. I, however, thoroughly enjoyed the show RBF set.

SB6 were really energetic and, as support bands go, they were one of the better ones I've seen at getting the crowd pumped. Streetlight blew me away and hearing "Here's To Life" performed live really defined their set for me. Where can I get a copy of their newest album??

I think when you hear Monkeys For Nothin', you can tell that the band are generally happier. When you see them live, though, it REALLY shows. Aaron was smiling a lot and seemed very energetic and John had the crowd standing at the left of the stage in the palm of his hand. They played a really good mix of new and old material and were really good with the crowd. Whether you love the band or are lukewarm towards them, I really recommend that you go see them because they put on a really fun show.

Also, having hung out with the band afterwards (I know this is a "pics or it didn't happen" moment, so if you want I'll upload pics on Tuesday when my friend gets around to whacking them on her PC) I can safely say that you won't meet a nicer bunch of people than the RBF guys. Aaron was incredibly cool with the younger kids who approached him and the band seemed to really appreciate the support that they got.

Peace
Quote by BlackLuster

Quote by Jaimz

I have Jaimz' utmost respect and BlackLuster wishes that there were more people like me in the world!
Double post I know, but here's the set list in no particular order:

Sell Out
Everything Sucks
Take On Me
Beer
Party Down
Another Day In Paradise
The New Version of You
Live Your Dream
I Want Your GF To Be My GF Too
Don’t Start A Band
Monkey Man
Good Thing
You Don’t Know
Your Guts (I Hate ‘Em)
A Little Doubt Goes A Long Way
Where Have You Been?
I’m Her Man
Ban The Tube Top
Another **** You Song
Enter Sandman
She Has A Girlfriend Now
Kiss Me Deadly
Quote by BlackLuster

Quote by Jaimz

Oh don't get me wrong, RBF were definitely fun. Just that something about it seemed slightly forced, imo.

was still a very fun night
Alone in a Godless universe, and out of Shake'n'Vac