you shouldnt... i think line 6 spiders are the most hated amps, just like marshall mgs... there are much better amps for that money you want to spend for a line 6 spider...
Quote by _-=Ali C=-_
i do it a lot. ill be playin somethin and i forget to close my mouth... sometimes its really bad, slobber everywhere. i goes mostly over the neck, on the higher frets, and its really hard to get out from under the strings.
Don't. Spider IIIs suck. You can get a MUCH better amp in the price range.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Quote by Don_Humpador
One word : No.

you won... again...

yeah it's really silly to give your money for crappy amps like line6 spider III's.. get a marshall dsl, vox amp or a roland cube...
Quote by _-=Ali C=-_
i do it a lot. ill be playin somethin and i forget to close my mouth... sometimes its really bad, slobber everywhere. i goes mostly over the neck, on the higher frets, and its really hard to get out from under the strings.
If you've ever actually played on one, and spent the time to tweak some settings, you'd get to realize that the Spider amps are not as bad as everyone says. They may not have the best effects, but it makes it so much more versatile. It's like getting an all around amp with decent sound with the presets, instead of getting an amp with great tone with a certain sound, and be limited to that.
Vox Valvetronix is a good all around amp. Roland CUBE is a good all around amp. When looking for versatility and good tone, look at those.
Are you looking for a zombie online game?
Join the survivors at Dead Frontier
Coming out March 2008

DON'T GET A MARSHALL MG OR A LINE 6 SPIDER.
Put this in your sig if you don't like the usual threads about these amps.
Quote by KantStopRoKnRol
If you've ever actually played on one, and spent the time to tweak some settings, you'd get to realize that the Spider amps are not as bad as everyone says. They may not have the best effects, but it makes it so much more versatile. It's like getting an all around amp with decent sound with the presets, instead of getting an amp with great tone with a certain sound, and be limited to that.

I have played one that cost more than my Valveking and it sounded worse than my much cheaper Vox AD30VT. The Valveking shat all over it.
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
I could smell the line 6 burning a mile away guys ... Kinda like roast chicken...
To be fair, they're not awful amps. However, the vox valvetronix are a lot better for what they do - more options, better sounds. The XL's are somewhat limited in that they can essentially do metal and that's it. Various types & weight of metal, but at the end of the day, you still don't have to treat it for wood-worm.
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
The Spider 3's are okay amps, I own one. But as the others have said there are better ones. The VOX (not XL) will be almost as versitle as the Spider but sound a lot more natural. The model up from the Spider, the Flextone, is more versitle than the Spider and a better modeling engine.
What type of music do you play?

There are a helluva lot better amps to buy in your price range than the Spider III, as stated previously.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Spiders are fine if you blindly picked up the 15 watt one for jamming in your room. But otherwise there's no excuse, especially the 120 watt version.

a. You don't need in any circumstances, 120 watts
b. SS amps usually arent gigging material due to how crappily they tend to clip on high volumes
c. Spiders sound pretty terrible
d. You can get a much much much better amp for the same price or even cheaper.
e. The Vox ADVT XL is horrible
f. However the Roland Cube 60 or Vox AD50VT would be a much better choice
Quote by FacingUsAll
What type of music do you play?

There are a helluva lot better amps to buy in your price range than the Spider III, as stated previously.

speaking vaguely, alternative rock. influences? porcupine tree, queens of the stone age, nirvana...
Quote by beckyjc
Spiders are fine if you blindly picked up the 15 watt one for jamming in your room. But otherwise there's no excuse, especially the 120 watt version.

a. You don't need in any circumstances, 120 watts
b. SS amps usually arent gigging material due to how crappily they tend to clip on high volumes
c. Spiders sound pretty terrible
d. You can get a much much much better amp for the same price or even cheaper.
e. The Vox ADVT XL is horrible
f. However the Roland Cube 60 or Vox AD50VT would be a much better choice

Beat me to everything I would have said, and cuter than me to boot. Oh well.
the Vox AD50VT does sound like one of the best choices around. however, will 50watt be enough in the long run? I don't want to be getting another amp in just a few years...that's basically my main concern in getting amps with "lower" wattage.
Take a gander at these.

Don't worry so much about wattage. It's one of the last things to take into consideration when choosing an amp.

"Tube watts" are louder than "solid state watts".
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
haha sigged! Just made my evening, Hamish.
The rig:
Newcastle United
The cube 60 is a much better option to be honest.
My Stuff!

Yamaha Pacifica 112
Vintage V400-12 Solid Top 12 STRING!!!!!
Yamaha F-310
Yamaha FD02 Solid Top
Orange crush 10
Watson XL15
Zoom G2
Encore PK40

Saxophone: Jupiter somethin or other
I dont think Line 6 is hated just the "Spider" amp series. I meen you cant get a Spider III 15 for practise, because I have one its not all that bad but its not good and its annoying. Look into some Vox amps. I never actually got to try one but I heard someone use it and it sounded awsome.
Quote by nasstyman
i busted a g-string while fingering a minor...
Quote by 18zzz18
REPLY DUDE! YOU COULD BE THE SAVIOUR OF THE EARTH AND ALL OF MANKIND! (:
0h @nd U M@Y H@V3 2 T@LK L1K3 TH1S..... 1TZ TH3 L@NGU@G3 0F TH3 FUTUR3
Quote by RMC06
My old band teacher once called me a penis wrinkle.
They got around to making Spider valves as well...
The rig:
Newcastle United
They also make HD147's.... which supposedly sound like dieing babies.... "they say it like it's a good thing though," I never hear anything about them.
well as opposed to dying babies, anything'll sound good...
The rig:
Newcastle United
Idk, if i had an amp that all of a sudden started gargling, and sounding like dieing babies. I'd prolly take it to a priest. Or try to find the guys from dethklok they may want it lol.
... Okay, fair point. and Dethklok seem such a nice bunch of fellows too
The rig:
Newcastle United
Quote by Korzack
... Okay, fair point. and Dethklok seem such a nice bunch of fellows too

Guys, guys. Deathklok plays Krank amps. Spiders can't even spell "br00tal".
Quote by Korzack
haha sigged! Just made my evening, Hamish.

ahh tis ok i laughed at that for like 10 minutes

but seriously on topic
stay away from line 6 from my experience they are complete sh*t
Quote by KantStopRoKnRol

Sure you can get some decent sounds out of the Spiders. And Im sure you have played one. But have you ever played any of them over 30 watts and cranked? They sound horrid. They are fizzy and harsh. If you dont crank them or get them up to obnoxious levels they ARE decent. But when you turn them up they do go way down hill.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
Sure you can get some decent sounds out of the Spiders. And Im sure you have played one. But have you ever played any of them over 30 watts and cranked? They sound horrid. They are fizzy and harsh. If you dont crank them or get them up to obnoxious levels they ARE decent. But when you turn them up they do go way down hill.

I've played my 75 watter cranked... and it's not bad, but I don't use the spider distortion or their effects. The on board effects are 100% crap. But, I also made it a closed back to get that extra umph of bass. If your not willing to tweek settings, or to spend time modding though trial and error, they are not for you. Also they are pretty overpriced, i'm not complaining about mine, because I got it used "but not used" for 150 bucks lol