just curious how many pple think drugs help make pple more creative or if they just make you think your being more creative... I mean just cuz when im drunk i think im the coolest person alive doesnt mean I am hah... wondering if any one thinks its the same with drugs and creativity?
i never really got into drugs at all..tried weed 2 or 3 times just to see but thats it.. I feel like at first you might get that creative edge you want, but after awhile of doing them you get so wrapped up in the drugs and not really care about music, writing, w/e..Its always the same story with bands how whoever is doing drugs at first its fine and then they end up brining the whole band down or the whole band is into and they fall apart, then 10 years later they all sober up and can focus on music..same old story
American Fender Strat

Taylor 314CE

Quote by pbiggie
this guy speaks truth
i smoke weed lots and i think it deffinately helps with creativety. take the band heavyheavylowow. theyve created some other type of metal that is completely something new. i hate all other drugs, weed doesnt get you retarded like meth
^^ Don't overgeneralize (redhot). It's things like cocaine and heroine that destoy the creativity, weed can enhance your creativity if a)you have sufficient knowledge of the relationship between sounds on the fretboard b)you have sufficient muscle memory/technical skill c) sufficient understanding of timing and rythm. If you don't have that you'll sound like crap even if you think you're good. Weed really helps you get outside the boundaries of your sober playing, but like anything in can become a crutch so be careful.
For me, I think I become more creative when I'm a little stone and/or drunk. It removes my inhibition, so I don't apply any censorship on what I'm doing. I don't have more or less ideas, it is just that all the ideas seems good. But I must admit that my best songs were written sober. It is more fun to write when I'm stone, but it is better for the music if I stay sober.
first and foremost this is definately intended for "the only drug thread" in the pit..... that being said we are not to encourage drug use to musicians in here regardless of our personal beliefs because what works for me may not work for someone else. and being someone that did a MASSIVE amount of drugs (seriously VERY few people could comprehend the amounts of pot and hallucinogens i used to do, it would kill or drive insane the average human or hell even the average elephant ) and stopped and is now clean and sober i can honestly say the absolute BEST you can hope for while on them is to hear things differently and once you become openminded about music you can do this without drugs, so really there is no positive effect in the long run, i suggest becoming naturally openminded without the aid of drugs and acheiving more in the long run.
Don't promote drugs or ask questions where you think the only good answer is 'yes, drugs are good for your creativity'. That is total bull****, it only ****s you up and you can't even think normal. Whatever you come up with, may sound good to you but once you're sober it probably sounds like ****. You may come up with Hendrix or whatever random band/guitarist and say 'yeah he uzed drugz lolz' but think about it: For 1 Hendrix, there are about 50,000 others that have failed, died, got addicted, went broke, criminal etc.

And as an additional point: This site is for people from 13 years old. Drugs should never be promoted with children around, they don't have a ****ing clue what they are doing.

As a final word, don't even think about it.
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje
Quote by elvenkindje
You may come up with Hendrix or whatever random band/guitarist and say 'yeah he uzed drugz lolz' but think about it: For 1 Hendrix, there are about 50,000 others that have failed, died, got addicted, went broke, criminal etc.

And as an additional point: This site is for people from 13 years old. Drugs should never be promoted with children around, they don't have a ****ing clue what they are doing.

Quote by elvenkindje
Don't promote drugs or ask questions where you think the only good answer is 'yes, drugs are good for your creativity'. That is total bull****, it only ****s you up and you can't even think normal. Whatever you come up with, may sound good to you but once you're sober it probably sounds like ****. You may come up with Hendrix or whatever random band/guitarist and say 'yeah he uzed drugz lolz' but think about it: For 1 Hendrix, there are about 50,000 others that have failed, died, got addicted, went broke, criminal etc.

*Closed*
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out