http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7228460.stm

I assume that a lot of people on here use ebay, or at least would consider the possibility of using ebay at some point, but after reading that article I'd be a bit cautious in the future (at least if I was a seller).

The thing that gets me is the last line.

If it's a minority of sellers that do so, then why is it such a big problem that it needs to be removed.

I'm not going to summarise the article for you because if you can't read a short article then it's unlikely that your opinion is needed.

Thoughts?
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
It's only sellers that cannot leave bad feedback. All the problems stem from bad sellers. Bad buyers have a much harder time of ripping people off than a seller who takes your money and gives you no goods.

Good idea.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
if it's such a small problem though, then why have to remove it?

and although it may make things run more quickly it doesn't mean it makes it work better.
I'd still like to have that bit of extra protection if I was a seller.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
EBay has a point, but I'm not sure how I feel about it.

Then again, I'm a buyer, not a seller, so it doesn't really concern me all that much. And my feedback is 100% positive.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
I'm confused....

So sellers can't say
"That bitch never paid me =C"

Because buyers are scared that if they buy an item and then have a problem like
"The seller never sent the item"
then the seller will return feedback saying "OMFG I DID YOU FAG"

They need to do something to improve the feedback system but this doesn't sound like it's had much thought.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
I'm confused....

So sellers can't say
"That bitch never paid me =C"

Because buyers are scared that if they buy an item and then have a problem like
"The seller never sent the item"
then the seller will return feedback saying "OMFG I DID YOU FAG"

They need to do something to improve the feedback system but this doesn't sound like it's had much thought.

I agree, this has confused me. I like this idea but it sounds as thought it hasn't had much thought.