i'm looking to get a lower end prs. however i can really only play the soapbar and custom since the santana and tremonti aren't carried here at the local guitar center. i'll buy them online if i have to. just wondering which one people are most impressed with.

how similar are they in terms of feel and sound?

i remember playing the custom at gc and it played like butter. it just felt so smooth and not as clumsy as the epi lp standard i'm used to. what do you guys think?
PRS sure have fast smooth necks don't they? They play pretty sweet. I Really don't know the difference between all the models but I think the necks are shaped the same.
I've really hated all of the SEs I've played except for the Singlecut/Tremontis.

They've all felt very lifeless and cheap; not worth half as much of what they cost.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
The SE Single cut I played was very nice. It was a shelf model at GC, and needed a new setup (endlessly being tuned to Drop D takes it's toll, no doubt). Past that, it was very very nice.
ive played several of the SE's and i think the only ones that are worth the money are the Singlecut and the Tremonti. all the other ones just suck, plus i dont like flat tops
think i may be going with the tremonti then, i've heard a lot of good things about it. if it plays anything like the custom that i've played at gc then i know i'll love it.
i personally think it plays better. only difference between the singlecut and the tremonti, besides looks, is a maple top. the singlecut has one, the tremonti doesnt.
Quote by lp_dude_2
i personally think it plays better. only difference between the singlecut and the tremonti, besides looks, is a maple top. the singlecut has one, the tremonti doesnt.

The tremonti has 2 vol + 2 tone and the single cut is 1 vol 1 tone
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09